What do you think of this paint job?

-
I have 10 pair of wore out jeans, complete with big holes, few rips, faded, plum wore out and look like c***!!!! asking $100 a pair..... ( free shipping) cash no trades,,,,, any interest!??? LOL

I personally wouldn't do some thing like that
to my car.
Looks realistic.
What was the reason to paint it like that, maybe a display?
By the looks of the hood,trunk pins and wing it might be
a drag car.
Sort looks like it might have a chute.

Too ironic for me...makes me think of that silly movie Zoolander where "derelicte" was the new style, designer clothes that made you look like a bum. I want my cars shiny like they were made to be.

Typical younger generation!! Can't just wait for it to rust like the rest of us, have to have rust "NOW"!!!

if he were building model cars that would look cool

now...not so much

I can kind of understand clear-coating a car with natural patina, but not deliberately painting a car to look like a rust bucket.

I'm sure there is a lot of time and talent, and a very critical eye involved with that, but, no thanks. I wouldn't do that to my car, for any reason. Streetcar, track car, show car, whatever. Just not what I want out of a few thousand dollars worth of paint time and talent.

Sorry. :dontknow:

Its not a WW2 tank?

Hope he didnt pay too much.

Gray primer with rust stains, same effect.

Not me.

Sure could be a sleeper! To each there own. I kind of get it.

Fads will come and go. Think about painted bumpers and wheels in the 80's. Or more recently the "murdered out" look. Some like them, some don't. I agree with the member who said a lot of hard work and talent went into that car. They'll probably be redoing it in a few years when the next cool fad comes along.

Fads will come and go. Think about painted bumpers and wheels in the 80's. Or more recently the "murdered out" look. Some like them, some don't. I agree with the member who said a lot of hard work and talent went into that car. They'll probably be redoing it in a few years when the next cool fad comes along.

This is what I thought.

A lot of talent with the gun, but if you're building your car to the latest fad, then you'll forever be building a car.

-
Back