what DOT drag radial to use

-

68cuda78

Reaction score
I was wondering what is the best DOT drag radial to get for my dart. Its a 71 with lasser bars and coil overs. I have had Mickey T's drag radial before and they were not bad. I was wondering about the BFGoodrich drag radials. What are your reccomendations. Thanks

I prefer the Hoosier QTP. Great tire and they work. I ran the BFG before and my street car would 60' in the 1.80 range all day. Quick clean off and tire pressure at 17lbs and they where good to go.

The M/T and Hoosier Drag radials hook the best. The Nitto's are suppose to be the friendliest on the street. Is the car mini tubbed ?

Car will be drivein here and there for now , also to and from drag strip. I want them to be street legal for sure. Are the Hoosiers QTP legal. I just want to be consistant at the light or forget about winning . Thanks guys keep em coming

Just be extra carefull in the rain. Go slow and steady, and never try it with low pressure in the rain.

Well decided to just use a set of magnum 500 wheels and Mickey Thompson Et Drag Slicks. I got a great deal on them the are 26/8.5/14. Is anyone using these with good results meaning not slipping... consistant 60ft. Im expecting my car to run mid 8's in the 1/8 mile . I have ladder bars with coil overs to boot so I think I should be good from past experience. Thanks guys looking forward to your input

You should be fine with that tire. Only advice is if there going on a 6" wheel, you'll really need to experiment with pressures to get a good contact patch. Probably will end up on the low side, just be careful not to get too low as it'll cause you to be a little squirrelly on the top end.

You should be fine with that tire. Only advice is if there going on a 6" wheel, you'll really need to experiment with pressures to get a good contact patch. Probably will end up on the low side, just be careful not to get too low as it'll cause you to be a little squirrelly on the top end.

They are 7 inch wheels . think they are the ford mag wheels i know mopar didnt make one that wide

Pay attention,to tire pressure.Ladders,hit hard. Expect a hook,tire slip,hook,if pressure too low.Good tire choice.

-
Back