What else would I need?

-

snoreen40

Reaction score
I,m going to do disc brakes on the front of my Dart(67) all drum at this time.It dose have an up-dated master cylinder(dual bail) Do I have to swap out the master again and change the proportioning valve or just the valve with one for disc brakes I am going to use the Scarebird system

im doing the same on my 71 duster and im planning on keeping the prop valve that is in there now

im off balance as it is, with the 9 inch drums up front and 10 inchers out back, so who knows, it might even out

You need a disc brake master cylinder . Use one for a '73-76 Dart/Valiant disc w/wo power (depending whatever you have) Cost $38.00 @ NAPA . You DO need a disc brake disturbution valve for a disc/ drum combo . these are also available at a reasonable price . Do not cheap out on this , your life is at stake .

Ya I hear you there, that's why I'm asking, just what to make sure it all is right before I stab them at 80mph. Right?

I,m going to do disc brakes on the front of my Dart(67) all drum at this time.It dose have an up-dated master cylinder(dual bail) Do I have to swap out the master again and change the proportioning valve or just the valve with one for disc brakes I am going to use the Scarebird system

while this is using factory components vs a new kit, you get the general idea of what is needed

A-BODY DISC BRAKE CONVERSION

To do it correctly you should install a disc brake master cylinder and a proportion valve but... You don't absolutely have to right away. Our first 67 fish, 9X3 drums out, 74 discs in, We had nearly used up the first set of disc pads before I upgraded the hydraulic side. I guess I should ad that a later model LBP 7.25 rear was going underneath. New rear brakes incl' wheel cylinders, hose at differential, etc.., so master cylinder and perf' valve all in one final stage of upgrading.

72 Duster...bought the front disc brake kit separate from the master cylinder and proportioning valve...either way, I got some guidance from Doctor Diff, purchased the master cylinder and a new proportioning valve to accommodate the front discs...works flawlessly. Sidenote, did not go with power brake booster, but there is still a substantial improvement in braking, and I can let go of the steering wheel while stabbing the brakes and there is no wandering right or left like you have with front drums.

I recommend Doctor Diff...in Polson Montana

-
Back