What engine can bolt up to a push button auto Tranny

-

Lizi.black5

dont hate, wagonize!
Reaction score
I am not sure what can bolt up to a Push button tranny. I have a 1972 225 slant six on there now but I think I want a 5.2 on there. basically a 318. I cannot seem to find one or any info that says it will match up. :angry7:

You will need to find a small block pushbutton tranny to bolt up to a 318.

/6, small blocks and big blocks all have different bolt patterns.

Your 1964 pushbutton transmission specifically fits slant sixes. To swap to a V-8 you will need a transmission designed to fit a V-8.

Youll need a V8 push button trans for sure as it has a different valve body than even a console cable trans from the same era. Youll also need a convertor snout bushing if you want to put a 360 onto a early transmission, prior to 68 as the cranks are drilled for a larger convertor snout. You can put an early 273 crank into a 318/340 if you get it balanced as it will have the small pilot for the matching convertor,

If you find a smallblock cable shift trans that was collum or floor shift, you could use them also by using your slant 6 trans valve body in that trans.

I am not sure what can bolt up to a Push button tranny. I have a 1972 225 slant six on there now but I think I want a 5.2 on there. basically a 318. I cannot seem to find one or any info that says it will match up. :angry7:
I replaced it with 4 speed stick . I have used both the floor cable shifter as well as push button with same tranny . but like whats already been noted cant use the 225 trans on the v8 . let me know I can hook u up with the trans . Its been sitting for years deffinately needs over hauling but worked when I pulled it out .

-
Back