What Happened to Stroker Scamp

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
9 out of 10 posts I think he was a smartass! He thrived on starting arguments. My 02 cents. Thier is still a handful that act the same way on this forum.

Agreed!! However, it didn't really bother me. I can take people for who they are, and if he comes off as abrasive to some, well, thats just the way he is!! I don't think the OP of that gears thread complained though, I think he just went over the line again in the mod's eyes!! Thats just what happens sometimes!! geof

too bad to see him go. he's helped me a lot. yea, he can be an *** sometimes, but who isn't? i'm an *** sometimes..you're an *** sometimes..everyone's an *** sometimes.

9 out of 10 posts I think he was a smartass! He thrived on starting arguments. My 02 cents. Thier is still a handful that act the same way on this forum.

My thoughts exactly. Didn't even notice he was gone.

It has been stated that alcohol played a role in Stroker getting banned.
I know with my experience with alcohol (I'm a recovering alcoholic) that I lost friends because of my drinking. I would say and do things I normally wouldn't say or do if I was sober. Fortunately I found help and have been living a normal life since then. If I still drank I doubt seriously I would be a member of FABO. I have nothing against people that drink but I just know that I can't drink. We alcoholics are good people is just we can't handle alcohol like normal people can.

for the record, alcohol was what he told me in a Pm after he was banned last year which by the way was suppose to be permanent then too. I let him back in after everyone said he deserved a second chance.

All these bullshit threads about him and the little jabs that I can only ***-ume are about me certainly arent helping his case. My suggestion is to give it a rest already, Move on. get back to fixing cars.

If anyone feels they can Admin the site better them me feel free to PM me. Im tired of being the bad guy for enforcing the rules. One days it not fair because were picking favorites and the next day its not fair because were not. Somebody else can do the job. Good luck.

i also will say that i can agree to Adams post. i respect any mods decision. i am sure there are a lot of things we don't see behind the scenes.

don't think i could handle being a mod. lol

for the record, alcohol was what he told me in a Pm after he was banned last year which by the way was suppose to be permanent then too. I let him back in after everyone said he deserved a second chance.

All these bullshit threads about him and the little jabs that I can only ***-ume are about me certainly arent helping his case. My suggestion is to give it a rest already, Move on. get back to fixing cars.

If anyone feels they can Admin the site better them me feel free to PM me. Im tired of being the bad guy for enforcing the rules. One days it not fair because were picking favorites and the next day its not fair because were not. Somebody else can do the job. Good luck.

Apologies, Adam. In hind sight I shouldnt have started this thread.And to those who are glad hes gone I see your point too. I took offense to a few things he said also. But the good outweighed the bad when I saw him help members here.To those who hate to see him go,me too. But rules are rules. If anything I said seemed disrespectful Adam for this I apologize. Pete

No problem Pete. I knew it was gonna be a **** storm when I did it which is the main reason he was here as long as he was.

There are plenty of guys here there are just as knowledgeable as he is. May be some of them will come out of the woodwork now.

AdamR: I'm sure the threads aren't about you. Opinions here are helpful to everyone. If you had a good reason to ban someone for not following the rules, then that's that. Let's all carry on. I personally think you do a good job as an administrator.

Then maybe this thread should be deleted then?

Adam, thanks for the best damn Mopar site on the web and all of your hard work to make it all possible!!

Then maybe this thread should be deleted then?

Adam, thanks for the best damn Mopar site on the web and all of your hard work to make it all possible!!

x100.... You do a great job Adam.. I love this site and am thankful its here.. I can only imagine how aggravating and stressful it must be at times to keep it running smooth, and to be a mod.. Dont think I could do it..

No problem Pete. I knew it was gonna be a **** storm when I did it which is the main reason he was here as long as he was.

There are plenty of guys here there are just as knowledgeable as he is. May be some of them will come out of the woodwork now.

Thank you for your work as a mod....I imagine at times its feels like you are trying to herd cats.

StrockerScamp is a friend, he helped me out lots of times, I haven't seen the other side of him nor have I spent time reading many of his posts to see that. The Mods have there job to do and I bet its a tough one.
Adam your in the drivers seat, don't take the jabs the wrong way if you are you better close your door to them most guys like me didn't see the other side of him and feel bad.

Kenny

Adam:

I agree with you. The rules are here to keep order. I did like him also, but he did get rough in some of his posts. You told him to chill and he then insulted you. You did what you had to do. It is not hard to figure out that if you directly insult the founder of the site and/or moderators you will get banned.

I have no hard feelings against you or any of the mods on the site. You did what you had to do to keep the site under control. It's a shame that you have to babysit grown ups. I respect that you enforce the rules when the time comes. It's not an easy job. I'm sorry that he had to push you to the limit and make you ban him.

FABO is the best site on the web for Mopars and I enjoy being here, helping others, and joking arouind with them. Now let's all start acting like the adults that we are and stop the fighting and bickering. We need to get back to fixing our cars, going to shows and posting pics, buying and selling parts and cars, helping out members in need, and joking around with our friends on this site.

I have enjoyed meeting every member so far that I have been able to, and look forward to meeting more. There are some great friends to meet on here. I can't wait to go to some of the big shows/meets and hang out with other FABO members (or the FABO crowd). Let's all try to keep it positive here and have a good time...

NO you are not going anywere your doing a great job,enough said.So letssssssssssssssssss all have a Drink.

Ok, the mods and staff do a great job administering all the F-BO sites. The adults here need to act like adults. As adults we have to know the consequences of our actions, period. This was his second chance. AdamR did not ban him........he banned himself with his comments, period. The comment was his action, banning is his consequence. Oversimplified? I don't think so. If this upsets the apple cart, so be it. My opinion. Thank you.

Not that my opinion matters lol, but I pretty much agree with everyone, including Adam. This is the best website, and pretty much the only reason I get online anymore. I've been jabbed at on here before, and it might upset me a little at first, but I look at it this way. First, just like in text messages, its easy to take something the wrong way. You may type something sarcastic with a smile on your face, but end up coming off like a butthole. Second, anyone I've met from FABO in person has a way different attitude after you meet them, like once they put a face to a name they realize you have feelings and are a real person. Its easy to forget that you are possibly upsetting someone, so when someone gets to me I just blow it off because the chances are, I've never met them, and I won't meet them. If they really got to me, I'd just quit posting on that thread. I guess all in all its easy to take typing the wrong way.
I think Adam is justified in what he did. He gave warnings, etc. Its his site, and he has to try to keep it enjoyable for everyone. I definitely understand his take.
Strokerscamp is a really cool guy. He helped me a few times, and I didn't really take most of his posts as mean, just a little outgoing and sarcastic. Actually kind of always looked forward to reading what he has to say. Maybe I can find him on facebook.
This is our hobby, and sort of a way of life. It should be enjoyable, and we have to realize there are all sorts of people out there. We can associate with everyone and deal with the ones with whom we clash, or we can walk away and be cool and happy. Me, I'll just stay mellow and be happy there is a place I can read about my favorite cars.

Btw, I commend him for being able to type while drinking. Thats an art in itself in my opinion lol.

If this was Moparts there's a BUNCH of us that would have been gone long ago!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back