What have I done now.

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
This morning I removed the guage assembly from my 65 barracuda to replace some bulbs, the voltage limiter and clean the contacts to the lights. When I put it back together everything is dead. I have a red wire a black wire and a plug that has 8 wires. The red wire has voltage. Nothing else does. I have no lights or no power at the ignition switch. I have taken it back out 3 times double checked the wires and put it back in place with the 4 screws to ground the unit. I didn't replace the voltage limiter as of yet.
Any ideas,
Must be a loose wire. The nut connections are tight but I was checking for voltage at different point and everything came on. So now I'm checking wires

Make sure it has ground. Sounds like it does not.

I was checking voltage and everything started working. I am going to leave it as is till I am closer to being able to drive it come spring.
Thanks for your advise and have a great day

Sounds like a bad connection at the ammeter or a bad ammeter itself. There should be power flowing through the ammeter.

I have it all working now, but will check into it further next week. I decided to stop and remove the leaf springs and replace them with new ones and new shocks. Then I'll go bace to the dash problem.
Thanks for your ideas everyone.

-
Back