What have I gotten myself into?

-
Man, I am loving that bumper! Those LED lights in there are gonna be slick.

I just spent the remainder of my Lunch hour making brackets for the bumper. I will never do this for myself again. I have built many cars but I was always able to collect a check at the end. This working for free crap is hard to justify in my head sometimes. I know the final result will be worth it But seriously is taking WAAAYYY longer then I wanted it to.

The title of this thread says it all- and for those of us going down a similar path of "what if i did..." it resonates. I will be watching...

-Chris
Chris you have NO IDEA how right you are. What started as a quick V8 swap has snowballed into me having dreams of meeting Chip Foose and slapping him in the face for putting ideas in my head.

Very ambitious project. Fun to watch. Thanks for the entertainment :)

Can you see any reason I could not do a similar rear stance on a 69 Dart without the 4 link? I'd like to put the frame 3 to 4 inches off the axle with the widest feasible tire and 18 - 20" wheel.

I'm thinking I may try autocross. I imagine I should leave a little extra room for lateral movement of the diff.

Very ambitious project. Fun to watch. Thanks for the entertainment :)

Can you see any reason I could not do a similar rear stance on a 69 Dart without the 4 link? I'd like to put the frame 3 to 4 inches off the axle with the widest feasible tire and 18 - 20" wheel.

I'm thinking I may try autocross. I imagine I should leave a little extra room for lateral movement of the diff.

I think the biggest problem would be getting it that low on leaf springs is the amount of travel with the springs. Maybe a pan hard bar and coil overs.

Do you mean leafs supplemented with coil over shocks?

I'd like to stay with leaf springs. I've not been able to figure out what amount of travel they require. I'm hoping a fairly stiff spring and stiff shocks will let me keep it down to 4" or less. I found some info about shock absorbing bump stops that might be useful.

I guess your coil-overs must be fairly stiff, so it will be a firm ride. Should corner well I presume.

I put out a thread asking about travel with leaf springs.

Cool. So will it set down onto the frame rails when parked?

pictures
f6624fdd.jpg

ea619824.jpg

521296f4.jpg

d490d641.jpg

4a8e2c51.jpg

Are you going to sell these? What brand and model are they?

Oh lord I went crazy today. I scrapped the bumper mounts I had been working on and completely started over again. We cut the bumper into a total of 9 pieces all together.

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

It doesn't look like much now but I did a total redesign on the tail lights too.

The new bumper will looked great sectioned and tucked like that. Any pics of the entire new bumper so we can get a better perspective?

Mostly finished with the bumper to extension mods gonna send it out to get the chrome blasted off then mount my new tail lights and fill the lower area to the valance.

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

You can see the excitement in my body mans eyes.

IMAG0171.jpg

-
Back