What have I gotten myself into?

-
John, I just finished this bumper mod before taking my Valiant to paint. Thought Id throw it out there. I of course am in love with it! Hahahah

I built housings for the driving lights, and shaved the bolts. It came out very clean and a touch most wont realize isnt supposed to be there already.

Love your build man!

Attachments

• IMAG2926.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,165
  • IMAG2938.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,205
" I have been very in tune with the build on the 74 scamp. It is a very cool project and will be worth the hard work when completed. Looks to be a show stopper with endless mods. I am the previous owner and have one mention to be made..... I never once lied about anything on this car!! I told the buyer all that I knew. I bought this car from a buddy who deals in some hot rods in southwest Missouri. I needed a simple project for the power tour and this was a great one!! Low miles slant six and straight as a pin with no rust. We scuffed the car and laid some eggshell paint on it. Changed from 4 wheel drum to 4 wheel disc. Fronts off an aspen rear out of speedway on a 65 mustang rear end. Had coys build me some wheels and off we went. You are building an awesome car...... Just really hated being called a liar on a public forum. ":wack:

Well if you had seen the bondo on the quarters you would see why I was pissed.

You said you were gonna finish this build John, any updates? I really wanna see this build done. This car has been a huge inspiration to me. Any luck on your demon hunt?

You said you were gonna finish this build John, any updates? I really wanna see this build done. This car has been a huge inspiration to me. Any luck on your demon hunt?

New owner flaked on me. It's sitting in his garage collecting dust. I've been saving my pennies and may buy her back if he doesn't start on it soon.

this better not be the end... just read through this thread.

it was like a kick *** movie or book. it better have a kick *** ending.

come on man! everybody wants to see this thing finished! this build is insane

Man i just spent a **** load of time pour over all these posts! I got some great ideas for my 70 Dart...the rear bumper in particular. :D

Wth just spent all night reading,man talk about a little love story with a crappy ending. My condolences on the loss. Took years of searching to replace my 68 dart could never find the one. Settled for a 72 swinger worn out 318 but just bought a wrecked 2012 challenger.with a hemi for a swap.The inspiration this entire post has given is awesome and I thank you for sharing. I hope you get her back one day. You deserve it after the countless hours of labour.

Cheers
Donk man.

I'm pretty at some point in the later stages of the thread he tells everyone he sold the car. I think there was an attempt at some point to buy it back that was unsuccessful.

I'm pretty at some point in the later stages of the thread he tells everyone he sold the car. I think there was an attempt at some point to buy it back that was unsuccessful.

What? This thread didn't go with the car in the sale? Buyer got screwed! ;)

maybe this thread needs an update from johnparts and a note at the start that it's not like a massage - there's no happy ending......
and everybody should view build threads like i do, look at the ending first to see the finished car, then read the whole thread to see how it got so cool

I was researching for another build and I just got to wondering what ever happened to low-rider?.....it was in the NW Chicago are when I saw it last.

-
Back