What have I gotten myself into?

-
Sorry there are no updates guy's. Been absolutely slammed at the new shop. I've been gathering parts here and there though. I will take a day and assemble something for you all.

Well guys I'm sorry to say over the weekend the Scamp changed owners, however, I still will be finishing the build for the new owner so I will continue to post updates on progress of the car. I will also be able to meet any prior obligations to sponsors and magazines, so look for her at the national this year still.

Congrats John....sounds like you got a major sponsor....finish the dream with a new budget.....you did a hell of a job with a shoestring budget and a lot of hard work.

let me know if I can be of any further help.

Denny

you know...................... everything is for sale.........................

That's true, I would sell Wicked Twister tomorrow for the right amount of $$$$$$. But I really want to see it complete before I do so.

Well guys I'm sorry to say over the weekend the Scamp changed owners....

That had to be a tough call. Hope you're getting rewarded for all you've put into it. If I ever get the Dart together I have a mothballed Demon project waiting.

That had to be a tough call. Hope you're getting rewarded for all you've put into it. If I ever get the Dart together I have a mothballed Demon project waiting.
Putting about what I have invested back into my pocket. Plus I live for the build not the drive so for me it's kind of a win win situation.

As long as you're happy with the decision that's all that matters bro. I'm just sad that I won't be able to play with any of my toys for a while...

This thread has been a major draw for me to the forum. Thank you for all the great build pics and updates. It has been a great story to watch unfold.

PS +1 on the next build being a demon. (wish I could get you to build mine!)

Is there a chance you could tell me how you got the bumper to bolt up I want to do the same but not mold it in I like how you first had it that looks more like something I can do

" I have been very in tune with the build on the 74 scamp. It is a very cool project and will be worth the hard work when completed. Looks to be a show stopper with endless mods. I am the previous owner and have one mention to be made..... I never once lied about anything on this car!! I told the buyer all that I knew. I bought this car from a buddy who deals in some hot rods in southwest Missouri. I needed a simple project for the power tour and this was a great one!! Low miles slant six and straight as a pin with no rust. We scuffed the car and laid some eggshell paint on it. Changed from 4 wheel drum to 4 wheel disc. Fronts off an aspen rear out of speedway on a 65 mustang rear end. Had coys build me some wheels and off we went. You are building an awesome car...... Just really hated being called a liar on a public forum. ":wack:

-
Back