what have you done that someone would think you are CRAZY?

-
So what have you done that a non car person would think was dumb or odd?

The list is to long to mention, not to mention, I have a rep to protect.....LOL :bootysha:

Too many secrets, but this may be funny.

196? Econoline van, Raining cats and dogs, Dad pulls into one of the covered service stations (late 60's), the guy comes running to see WTF, we had the dog house open inside, he says "Can I help you?". Dad says " Nope, just turning the roast! Thanks".
That guy stood there in the sideways rain for so long we started joking, I guess he heard us......

That was the best piece of beef I've ever had!
Probably 6 hours total drive.
Yup, Exhaust Manifold on a 6 worked well, roast was covered with foil and gunnie sack with coat hangers.

West coast redneck? Sure why not!

LCjeff

Dude, my 68 Dart that cost me $1500...now had $11,500 total invested in it...although, it's more or less a new car from the ground up...

bought my 67 dart for 1500 bucks and spent over 4 grand so far into it. not including the engine.!

some of my friends think its prettty crazy. but at the end of the day, they are the jealous ones with their little rice burners..

Back in the day (early 70's) I used to give people rides at night on my Kawasaki 500 to sober them up so they could drive home.
Traveling on I-275 with one of my friends, a Chevy Impala wants to sit in the next lane at the same speed right next to my tail light for about a mile.
I speed up and so does the Chevy. I slow down and so does the Chevy.
I run it up to about 90, so does the Chevy.
I wail on up to about 115, the Chevy struggles to and does catch up.
My friend tells me to get real close to the car and I tell him don't kick it because it will throw us off balance.
My friend gently places his left hand on the right window of the Chevy. His
fingers were all balled up except for his middle finger which he left extended.
We laughed for a couple of seconds and moved back into the center of our lane.
The dome light on the Chevy came on and our hearts sank. .............
All I could make out was the uniform of a Hamilton County Deputy Sheriff.

He was on his way to work in his private car. I dropped about 2 gears and left him for about 30 seconds when I realized that the S.O. was at the next exit. I let him catch up (I can still hear the wail of the 4 bbl) and as soon as he got close I spiked the brakes, turned left and made a U-turn thru the median as he smoked his brakes trying to slow down.
We got back to my friends car and went to his house.

I hid the bike there for 2 weeks but nothing ever came of it. My buddy told everybody what we had done and somebody called me crazy and the name stuck....Crazy Dave

David-MotorCyclefinal.jpg

Back over 20 years ago I had a 318 73 Challenger and a few none car guys New "friends" that was going to fallow me there in there Bronco II seen me putting a pair of short ugly 14'' wheel with short tires mounted on them, in my back set because they would not fit in the trunk.
I had 15'' Ralley's and wide tires on the back and they thought I was going to sell the tires I put in the back seat 8) They go to George Rays drag strip to drink and watch some times, When I told them I change my rear wheels and tires to race 8)they laughed and made fun of me and said you are full of $h!! Mike,:toothy10: I started bring home J- stock trophy J= stock is a two barrel steal manifold class. and I had 2-9? gears. The challenger looked funny but boy did it like the shorter tires :cheers: I later went with a 360 and four barrel
I wish I had pictures White Vinyl top white int, a/c red car.
It took awhile before they forgot about it :toothy10:

Does rope towing a dead Mazda at 75MPH on a highway behind a VW van count? With only about 3 feet of rope between vehicles? At night.... impaired?

Ah yes, a mis-spent youth..... :-D

When I was 16 my best friend had a 70 440 Cuda. We were about 2 miles from my house when the throttle cable broke. We didnt want to leave the car, so I laid across the front of the engine bay on my side holding on to the hood with one hand & giving the engine throttle with the other. We made it w/ no problems but we sure got some looks from the other traffic at the stop lights.

Did lotsa crazy car stuff while working at a rental car place years ago.

We would take mini vans into the woods and hillclimb LOL.

Had push-o-wars with jeep cherokee sports, burnout contests with the rental car guys over the fence that worked for other outfits.

One of the best was hitting the snow covered parking lot with foot brake parking brake intrepids, eagle visions, etc and using the parking brake, reverse, and drive in the perfect sequence while steering the car to spin around and around and around in one, smooth motion.

Takes practice to get it right.

I would say working at a rental car place really taught me how to test the limits of certain vehicles.

-
Back