what intake is this????????????????

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, i thought at first this was the stock 340 intake, but it looks to sit so high. i pulled the heads off the 340, and they seem to be ported? they do match the gaskets that i took off.

cab you tell me what the advantage i will gain from running this intake and heads over a set of j- heads i have that are ready to go on an engine.
do you think i should just sell the j-heads and put the money towards getting these redone?

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 006.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 002.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 003.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 004.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 347
Its a 1970 340 intake, as far as your heads go, I can't tell you because you don't say what they are. Got a casting number for them (the heads)?

so, i should just get these x heads redone since they match the intake, huh?

so, i should just get these x heads redone since they match the intake, huh?
Not really (assuming you already have a set of J heads rebuilt). Unless your building the motor for a resto, a set of 2.02 J heads will flow the same as the X heads (plus the J Heads are cheaper to get your hands on).

well, i have a set of fresh 202 j heads,, butif i bolt them to this intake, will i lose any power due to the intake being port matched, and the heads not being matched?

well, i have a set of fresh 202 j heads,, butif i bolt them to this intake, will i lose any power due to the intake being port matched, and the heads not being matched?
Unless the X heads are port matched as well (to the intake), then no you won't be losing anything.
Some food for thought though would be if you're build the motor up look for an LD340 intake or a RPM intake (lighter and flow better then stock).

yea, good idea, but do not want to go over budget on this car!. i already put myself over, by using this engine and 4 speed in my pink car, when i could of sold it all as a package.

yes, the x heads ar matched to the intake

If budget is a concern (and really when isn't it!!!), I'd bolt the fresh J heads and that intake on and not think twice about it! Save the X Heads for another build (which will also keep cost down, hell you could even sell your X Heads as they sit for a few extra bucks). Besides the amount you'd lose will the J heads and intake wouldn't even be noticeable.

I would've kept/used my X heads if I didn't have to clearance the push rod hole for my roller setup (I just couldn't see myself F-ing up a set, when I know someone could really use them. So I ended up with Eddy closed chamber heads).

What's stopping you from port matching the J heads so they match the intake?
It wouldn't take much time or money.

well, that was an option, but i pulled the x-heads apart, to find out that they have been redone not long ago!

-
Back