What intake is this ?

-

jerry6

Banned
Reaction score
for the price it looks worth picking up . Just wondering what model edelbrock
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/273-318-340-360-Mopar-Edelbrock-high-rise-intake-manifold-dual-plain-/251622087485?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a95d85b3d&vxp=mtr"]273 318 340 360 Mopar Edelbrock High Rise Intake Manifold Dual Plain | eBay[/ame]

Thanks , how does it compare to the stock 1970 4bbl intake ?

Performer 318/360. Decent intake, works good on everything 450hp and down, especially if you work up the ports a little. Add a 1" open spacer and it's comparable in a lot of ways to an air gap for peak HP.

Very good mild intake, but up to $63 now with $20 shipping. Jerry, unless you're looking to put something else together or will have a use for it, i'd personally not go more then 20/30 dollars more. From a resale point of view, there's not a lot more in it as they do come available fairly frequently, although it seems in spurts. :)

If you can get it cheap, fine. Even better on a small port head. 273/318. Otherwise, it is equal to a stock iron intake. It will make basically the same power on the larger engines. 340/360, just weighs less.

Thanks guys , thought it might be a good choice for one of my spare 340 , but small port forget it . Not going to bother with something almost as good as the castrated iron pig on there now . Guess I'll pass and wait for something better , I thought it might have been a big port high rise equal to an ld 340 .

The WHAT?! Pig on top?!?! LMAO!

There really not a bad intake. Just heavy. The action Plus/Stealth, LD340 or RPM would be a good choice.

The big port/small port thing is one of the most overblown fallacies to performance in the mopar SB world.

Guys like to recommend the Weiand Stealth intake... those are some small ports on that intake. Doesn't seem to stop the recs for that intake on a 340-360 engines/heads.

Action plus as well. dinky arse ports.

The big port/small port thing is one of the most overblown fallacies to performance in the mopar SB world.

Next to the stock 4bbl. intake ain't worth a crap I believe.
But yep, I agree.

Guys like to recommend the Weiand Stealth intake... those are some small ports on that intake. Doesn't seem to stop the recs for that intake on a 340-360 engines/heads.

Action plus as well. dinky arse ports.

You can always port match the smaller port intakes to the larger port heads. The Action Plus and Stealth are good intakes. Wiand and Offy have less core shift in their intakes that I have seen than the other manufacturers.

If you are trying to squeeze every last HP from your engine, it's best to match the ports. If you have studied fluid dynamics, any sudden expansion or contraction in flow causes you to loose flow energy and reduces your flow. It may not be that much difference, but it's good to do if possible when trying to squeeze out every horsepower that you can.

If you have a small port intake going into a larger port head, your velocity will slow down because of the extra area. The extra area will reduce the velocity of the flow. VELOCITY = TORQUE.

Still one of the most overblown fallacies.

Tested it and it's not as big of a factor as many like to think.

There are many performance/higher RPM intakes that have smallish CSA ports, (victor340, SV) compared to other intakes (especially popular dual planes) out there.

Much like flow numbers, sometimes big numbers on an intake don't produce power and make you go backwards.

The WHAT?! Pig on top?!?! LMAO!

There really not a bad intake. Just heavy. The action Plus/Stealth, LD340 or RPM would be a good choice.
Yeah I know the iron intake is damn good , it's just I have a weight thing , like all my parts to be on the light side . No sense dragging extra weight around .
I try to get my cars down in weight , so heads manifolds and anything else that can be alu instead of iron is a plus in my books . Especially at over $7.00 a gallon , every pound helps . I'd buy and ld 340 if I could find one in good shape at a decent price .
I just got ALU heads , they will be painted mopar orange like the motor want to look stock , but save the lbs .

-
Back