What intakes you run with flat hood?

-

375inStroke

Reaction score
Wondering what intakes you use, and if it's on a B or RB block. What carb, too, and if you have a drop base air cleaner or not.

Stock 440 intake/carb. My son's Dart has a 69 Air Grabber air cleaner with a shortened neck. My Barracuda will have the same.

M1 single with 750dp on a 400/451 B in a 73 Duster, stock hood with drop base air cleaner.

Great post
Will a stock type air cleaner (the ones they are repoping) work on a 383 with Schumaker mounts and RPM intake in a 68 Barracuda with stock steel hood???

M-1 with thermoquad moroso drop base aircleaner on a 360. theres even room for a 1" spacer - 74 duster:-D

Demon 383, was Weiand single 7533 now Edelbrock RPM Performer (same height), 1" 4 hole, Demon 750 DR'r, drop base, 3 inch K+N, 1/2" clearance to flat hood. Loosey breathing and held to much heat so AAR 6 pack hood and 5" tall element.

Great post
Will a stock type air cleaner (the ones they are repoping) work on a 383 with Schumaker mounts and RPM intake in a 68 Barracuda with stock steel hood???

If it's the Performer RPM, going to be real close. Go to the Edelbrock website and get the intake flange height and mock it up on the engine with a proper width wooden spacer between the existing intake and carb flange.

edelbrock tm-6 with holley 3310 and drop base air cleaner with 3" element
old school cool =P~

I run a stock 74 440 intake with a spread bore to square bore adapter 1" and a 1" spacer, 800 holley and a 14"x3" drop base moroso filter. In my 65 valiant, engine lowered .75" on custom mounts.
My best mate runs a 383, performer RPM, 750 eddy, flat base 2" cleaner in a 68 charger.

If it's the Performer RPM, going to be real close. Go to the Edelbrock website and get the intake flange height and mock it up on the engine with a proper width wooden spacer between the existing intake and carb flange.

Next, slam the hood and inspect hood for damage! LOL8)
I f no damage, you're good! If there is damage, cut out damage and install scoop, you're good!

71 duster
440 (schumacher mounts)
has had rpm air gap (current)
super victor
performer
all fit with 850 mighty demon and k&n drop base

b motor in my 69 dart torker intake, 1" spacer and a 2" air cleaner on a few different holleys, under the flat hood. i tried an aar 6 pac hood thinking id run my m1 and a nice big filter and just didnt like to hood.

-
Back