what is a pain free header to install on my 69 dart.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well in about 6 weaks it time to buy headers for my 69 dart.Good thing is the motor is out.It has been severel years since i bought and installed headers on a 69 dart.I seam to remember undoing the drag link sliding it through the header and thats it.right side i just guided it in while i installed the motor.So are things the same now as then,or is there an easy way to do this.I dont plan on spending a lot on headers for my sb.Thanks.:cheers:

Dougs and tti are the best for fit. You'll have to drop the link installing just about any header on an A body. Unless you custom make them.

TTI's instructions say the linkage needs to be dropped for the driver's side to go in. Passenger's side goes in with linkage in place.

Thats funny Mike,right now cabin feaver is high right now I do feel like smashing something now LOL,but i have red hockers headers will make someone do that.I think I need anger management.

DON'T buy flowtech especially if you have power steering and a non spool mount k-member, i found out the hard way. It interferes with the steering coupler big time, i had to bend the tube almost 1/2 inch there and a small amount at the steering box as well as it hit the torsion bars on both sides.
I would buy Doug's next time or TTI's, apparently the flowtechs aren't designed for an a body, i found out too late that the parts store was wrong.

They don't make pain free headers. All of them have something that you will dislike. LOL!

shortie headers work fine but then you loose the scavenging effect of long headers. scavenging helps a lot if you race but otherwise.... you just save a huge headache and some cash

With the motor out the tti's will drop right in,place them to the sides of the engine compartment slide the motor in and bolt them up,i've done it this more then once...:-D

I kinda chuckles when I read the title to the thread.

I don't think, pain free, header install, and A body go together in a sentence.

If the engine is in the car, it's a chore to install any header brand. Some moreso than others.

I kinda chuckles when I read the title to the thread.

I don't think, pain free, header install, and A body go together in a sentence.

If the engine is in the car, it's a chore to install any header brand. Some moreso than others.

I'm slap burn out on the header threads.... I don't care what brand or size anymore, if they fit or don't fit... I'm through with headers! LOL!

I love the way the TTIs fit in my car. I don't like those end tubes over hang the exhaust ports but they sure are some nice fitting headers. And I can remove them from the car in 2 hours which isn't too bad.

Pain free? I wouldn't go that far.

I love the way the TTIs fit in my car. I don't like those end tubes over hang the exhaust ports but they sure are some nice fitting headers. And I can remove them from the car in 2 hours which isn't too bad.

Pain free? I wouldn't go that far.

2 hours..you need more practice ,half an hour tops..lol...

Stock exhaust Manifolds.

For street driving the extra 10 hp at 3500 rpm is not worth the hassle.
You can make some extra power going to 2 1/2" exhaust with good mufflers.

what is a pain free header to install on my 69 dart; Well in about 6 weaks it time to buy headers for my 69 dart.Good thing is the motor is out.It has been severel years since i bought and installed headers on a 69 dart.I seam to remember undoing the drag link sliding it through the header and thats it.right side i just guided it in while i installed the motor.So are things the same now as then,or is there an easy way to do this.I dont plan on spending a lot on headers for my sb.Thanks.:cheers:

Stock exhaust Manifolds.

For street driving the extra 10 hp at 3500 rpm is not worth the hassle.
You can make some extra power going to 2 1/2" exhaust with good mufflers.

Yeah,yeah... there's other reasons for headers. For me it's the sound the headers produce on each exhaust note. Exhaust flowing through the exhaust tube of the header and dumping out in the collector.

I,ve got hookers,and the PO must have cranked up the front a bit,cause no hitting anything since I,ve owned it.I,d replace them again with hookers if I had to mainly for cost reasons.

spitfires. the only things that are difficult are installing the collector bolts and changing the oil. I have PS as well.

-
Back