What is BOPAR?

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Passed a Charger yesterday. Had stripes across the hood, and down the side, with call outs on the rear quarter, BOPAR. What is that? never saw it before.

Just looked up that word and found zero instances of it being used for anything.
As much as some people mispronounce words I bet you are right.

He's Bi-polar and he drives a Mopar........:lol:. I think he was going for "Bro-Par"!!

Glad I'm not the only one. When I first came up on it, I thought it was "MOPAR", but I got closer, saw it was a B. ?????

Miight have meant bropar.lol

5D48D5BD-B6CC-4CBA-B19A-F26DA68EE538.jpeg

Passed a Charger yesterday. Had stripes across the hood, and down the side, with call outs on the rear quarter, BOPAR. What is that? never saw it before.
Was it a new charger?

If so, it probably stands for
Brand new
Old
Parts
And
Rust

We have a guy across town with a '67 Biscayne with a "Chebby" license plate, 22" spinners and bright gold paint!

Very impressive!

Been racking my brain trying to figure out where the guy came up with the 'Bopar" name....then it hit me. If you're old enough to remember this song you'll know where the guy got the name for his car, the song is called "The name Game" by Shirley Ellis:

MOPAR! mopar, mopar bo-"bopar"
bo-na-na fana fo-fopar,
fee fi mo-opar
MOPAR!!

Bad news.
I think the best explanation is there are idiots who are on the road driving cars.
Had one pass me last night doing 100 in normal, heavy interstate traffic.
Weaving in and out, no tail lights.
A white Lexus, it looked like.
Too fast to tell.

I see a LOT of later model cars with no tail lights. Chinese fuses?

As for bopar, maybe he had a cold when he ordered it?

-
Back