What is it that makes Prius owners such ASSHOLES!?!?!

-
the whole idea of everyone enjoying electric vehicles to wean us from imported oil is such a farce.

if your buying a prius for fuel economy thats one thing (mind you an 85 diesel jetta got better mileage) , but if your doing it for the environment thats crap, the majority of the electricity produced is from fossil fuels. can you emagine how much electric load would be placed on an already strained north american power grid if everyone owned electric vehicles???if you covered this planet with windmills you wouldn't have enough power

here in N.S. an electric GM Volt would add an extra 30-40 bucks per month to my 120-150 power bill - right now we burn 85%coal/natural gas and can barely meet provincial demand let alone the 25-35% increase in load (all at the same time mind you - night) that the grid couldn't handle.

windmills!!!!- everybody says , that lovely commercial of a Prius driving by a windmill with 2.5 kids smiling out an open window - thats crap - there are at least 2 days per month that the wind doesn't blow - at all!!! across our province anyway!!! that means our 250 megawatts of wind isn't working, these things are only 30% efficient to begin with!!and you still need the eqivalent in another power source for every megawatt produced..

we joke at work about putting electric motors in widmills when they break down ,there a pig to work on but as long as they turn there great PR - especially for Prius owners!!

sorry for the rant but big oil is here to stay as long as theres greed and profit

Hey J, is this the person who upset you so bad?? :tard:

Attachments

• lprius.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 834
Hey J, is this the person who upset you so bad?? :tard:

Dude that is totally wrong.
1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

Anyone bougt a replacement battery for their cordless drill after it went bad?

About 80% of the cost of a new drill, right? IF you can find one!

...and chances are that a new drill is more powerfull with a better, longer lasting battery to boot.

I know, just throw your prius away when the battery goes, and buy a new one!

Anyone bougt a replacement battery for their cordless drill after it went bad?

About 80% of the cost of a new drill, right? IF you can find one!

...and chances are that a new drill is more powerfull with a better, longer lasting battery to boot.

I know, just throw your prius away when the battery goes, and buy a new one!

Yup, just did!! A new battery for my (slightly older) Craftsman drill was almost as much as a new drill and battery, new drill is way better too!

Yup, just did!! A new battery for my (slightly older) Craftsman drill was almost as much as a new drill and battery, new drill is way better too!

LOL.. Have a 12v Drywall gun, 2x14.4v Nicad guns that I replaced with new kits for same price. 1x19.2v Li-Ion - same thing. Four screwguns sitting on my workbench that work great, but cheaper to buy new drill with two batteries than replace the batteries. Now I have a Milwaukee Li-Ion that I just got 2 replacement Li-Ions for free because they still had 1 month warranty on them. Probably sell anywhere from 3 - 5 Li-Ion replacement notebook batteries a day as well.. most under two years old for sure. Can't beat the new technology.

Grant

Attachments

• Prius2-500x400.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 4,752
  • prius-fail.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 4,252
  • priusjump.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 665
  • priussucks.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 642

Attachments

• priusbumperstickers.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,912
  • prius_bumper_stickers_communist.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 656
  • Prius - 15 Je 08.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,584
  • pris1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 771
  • Prius-Owner.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 722
Don't you wish you could just say something like...'well if you'd done a better job researching your purchase, you would have known this would happen' or better yet 'many concerned citizens are riding bicycles, that way you wouldn't be harming the environment at all.'

I went further than that. I was a service writer for a short time at the Toyota dealership I worked for. I told a customer "**** you" so they put me back on the line. lol

Even pedal bikers hate them............

Attachments

• prius-100158-461-640.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 658
The best reply I've ever seen to a hybrid owners dirty looks was in San Francisco this past summer, the jerk would not stop giving us the evil eye, he did'nt approve of my brothers 440 6pack, after a couple of looks my brother tells the fool that his Charger is a hybrid! The hybrid dude smiles just as my brother says "It burns gas and Rubber!" after which he left a block long posi!

Short answer:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Libturd

Expanded answer:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/0307353486/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=8060837487&ref=pd_sl_2m1lyrl2nr_b"]Amazon.com: Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America (9780307353481): Ann Coulter: Books[/ame]

(btw: written before the occupy movement started)

One guy at work has a Prius, but he is a nice guy, other than sneaking up on people in the parking lot with that quiet electric motor. They don't pencil out for me at >$30K, and I still wonder about battery life and replacement cost, based on personal problems with notebook PC's and portable drills.

My oldest son just bought his first car. He got a Chevy Cruze, mostly on my advice from what I read. 40 mpg hwy, 1.4L turbo 6-spd auto. Great technology/value for ~$22K though he got a used one cheaper. I didn't see any newer Mopars that compete. I like older cars since I can fix them easy and parts are much cheaper, plus fun mod.s you can make, no emission passing worries, and cheaper tag fees. However, my sons are mechanically inept so I advise them to buy new with a warranty, otherwise mechanics would cost them more.

I believe your all mispronouncing the name I believe it is pronounced Pry Us as in will somebody please pry us out of whats left of this recycled budweiser can, We here in Canada are blessed to have both them and the Smart four-two crowd clogging up our highways.

-
Back