What is it with us?

-
Well, I like the snow pushers you guys have. I could have used one this year for sure. Maybe, since the truck has PTO hydraulics, it may end up with a plow too!

Last edited:
A load of gravel on the back,perhaps a set of chains and it would plow.maybe not tug hill but what will ?

Well, I like the snow pushers you guys have. I could have used one this year for sure. Maybe, since the truck PTO hydraulics, it may end up with a plow too!
I bought mine and took time to figure out the mess the guy I bought it from had made. I sure am happy plowing snow and coming in the house with warm feet and hands. I did it before with the little tractor next to the truck in the pic. It was the best 400 I ever spent.

It's cause youse jellous, ain't it?? Tell you what, I would consider a trade....maybe a toaster oven, or one of them new air fryers!! Might consider an electric fry pan, but it's gotta have a lid!! ;-)

you know it
in fact, i seem to have remembered offering you money for that plow truck earlier...i believe i offered to double your investment?
before i got to deep into the bronco to get rid of it

(and since i dont have a pic of the bronco right now, ill toss these up for you guys)

Winter-Meme.jpg

28.jpg

BEcFm3gCUAAHmF8.png

the-struggle-is-real-91525.jpg

e6056fd6829a68f1a9220453cd06fc4e--snow-plow-redneck-humor.jpg

n16iHEV.jpg

2522171c9c447a9d0674b18e0a6e3d72.jpg

Last edited:
Thanx Kim. I have been considering that. I'll shoot you a text later on and we can discuss what you have.

It's cause youse jellous, ain't it?? Tell you what, I would consider a trade....maybe a toaster oven, or one of them new air fryers!! Might consider an electric fry pan, but it's gotta have a lid!! ;-)
You serious about letting it go?
If just about had it with this ferd

20180206_105831.jpg

You know the Ferd comes with a heated tailgate option............................So your hands dont get cold when you are pushing it.

im at a point where the only pushing i care to do to that ferd is off of a cliff
darn truck is lucky i dont want to pay to have it towed to one

:lol:Inertia switch??
Have had a few fords dragged in with tripped/faulty inertia switches. I could see them being a problem on a plow truck.

A good moneymaker for the local car quack...

Have had a few fords dragged in with tripped/faulty inertia switches. I could see them being a problem on a plow truck.

mhhh, not sure what that is

but i got my mechanic tracing wires now, trying to restore spark

I wasnt implying anything with your local tech,i wasnt intending to offend anyone.

What year is the ford? Just curious. Had to deal with a lit of dead ones way back when....

That had to be one of fords better ideas.
I made a few bucks on them also.

I wasnt implying anything with your local tech,i wasnt intending to offend anyone.

What year is the ford? Just curious. Had to deal with a lit of dead ones way back when....
It's an 87, but she's somewhat of a Frankenstein
Ford put a 351 EFI engine in it and one of the previous owners decided a carbed 351 would do better so the whole wiring is a mess

K. For that reason im out. Thats a hands on type of diagnosis.
My hats off to anyone willing to tackle a frankenstein-ed engine bay.
Good luck.

This goes to show that dragging them out of the field is a much safer venture. You fully expect to have to fix them and if they don't run right you are not surprised!

IMG_5862.JPG

IMG_5861.JPG

Last edited:
Well, he runs! I'll call it a he because that would be one ugly she! Anyway I cranked it over today and had no spark. I checked the coil and it had 10V on both sides. Changed it out, dumped some go juice in the carb, and he fired right up. Wouldn't run on the varsol that's in the system. But I did get it to run long enough to hear it is smooth and has decent oil pressure. If I recall it has either 43 or 63,000 miles on it.

Well, a coil, carb kit and a spark plug cleaning and it seems to run OK! I removed the box sides. It looks like a totally different truck now. And yes, I'm gonna fix the body!

IMG_5948[1].JPG

IMG_5949[1].JPG

I went and saw it today.
Wow, it's sure a beast!
I agree with you George, i doubt it gets more than 8 miles per gallon............
But then again, i bet it would haul, push, or pull anything that was thrown at it.
And it sure runs good............
I like it and it should serve you well!

I went and saw it today.
Wow, it's sure a beast!
I agree with you George, i doubt it gets more than 8 miles per gallon............
But then again, i bet it would haul, push, or pull anything that was thrown at it.
And it sure runs good............
I like it and it should serve you well!

A while later in the day I took it for a drive around the yard. I blasted a few snow drifts in the field and shifted a couple gears. The Big Dog should make a fine snow smasher!

Last edited:
-
Back