What is it Worth ( scamp)???

-

ryansiki

Reaction score
What do you guys/gals think this car is worth. I believe it's a 75( not a 100% sure). Almost rust free, with a complete interior. No clue on what engines in it, but its column shift. Also, any info on scamps, and where rust might be lurking would be appreciated. Thanks

JUL 2010 010 ( small).jpg

JUL 2010 002 (small).jpg

I have a '73 Scamp no engine or transmission that I traded a runnin and drivin S10 truck for. It all depends on how badly you want one. Places to look for rust are under that vinyl top all along under the rear window and in the rear window lower corners. the front floor pans because the wiper shaft seals are notorious for leaking and rusting the floor pans out. The rear quarters down low from where the rear window may have been leaking into the trunk extensions. Also, these cars are all notorious for rusting at the factory seam at the top of the quarter panel where it joins the roof. Whether there's bubbling or rust there or not, I would take it all the way to the metal because it was poorly prepared at the factory since it has a vinyl top. Now, all that sounds bad, but rarely do these cars have ALL those problems. It may actually be a solid car.....mine is.

$500-$900 any roof from 70-76 can be used and maby some 67-69 dart scamps and valiants those taillights are worth about 200 bucks alone

Rip that old carpet out and check the floorpans before you make any kind of an offer... Also check the trunk for rust..

any updates on this? i dont give advice just to be left hangin, dangit all. LOL

whats up with the steering wheel what year did those come in? and is that break light in the back window factory?

I think ya need to roll her back out of the weeds so you can see what shape she's in. My $.02

My concern is that it looks like it's been in those damp weeds for quite a while.. that's a rotten bottom storage location if I ever saw one - and I've seen many. One of Many in fact lol

Grant

Yes I definitely need to do a thorough check of the car. Right now I'm concerned about the floor pans, the trunk, and the roof because of the vinyl. Hopefully I'll be able to get out this weekend and check the car out. Also can I use a different grill? I might buy a 69 dart as a parts car, so I'm looking into that too. Hopefully the roof can be used on the 69' incase the roof is shot. I'm really concerned about the roof after hearing stories about almost rust free AZ/CA cars having a lot of rust under the vinyl....

Anytime you see a vehicle in the weeds, you better check it over really good.

My 66-valiant is from Georgia, was factory undercoated, trunk and frame are perfect, not a spot of rust on the whole car except--------- floorpans are shot because of the 44 year old damp carpet, it's floorpans rusted from the inside out...

Would a 69 Dart grill fit in place of the stock grill?

nooooooooo only grills thats going to fit is the 73-76 duster/scamp/valiant grills that front clip is duster/scamp/valiant clip only you would have to get a complete front clip from a 69 dart and even then I dont know how well that stuff bolts up to the late model A body dog house

nooooooooo only grills thats going to fit is the 73-76 duster/scamp/valiant grills that front clip is duster/scamp/valiant clip only you would have to get a complete front clip from a 69 dart and even then I dont know how well that stuff bolts up to the late model A body dog house

Also know that a '73/4 grille will NOT fit, unless you change the grille valance (that goes between the grille and front bumper and bolts to the inside of the fenders). I believe '75/6 uses different headlight bezels as well. I'm going through this right now.

The part that the '75/6 grille screws into is recessed further back than the on the 73/4 year model piece.

So if you want a '73/74 style grille, get the '73/74 grille valance to.

I just got done putting '71 Markers on mine and I'm also in the process of doing the bumper mod (which is complete on the front- but still working on the rear). These cars have potential if you have the imagination.

UPDATE: So I finally bought the car. Got most of the interior stripped. Quick question: Did cars in Canada still use miles in 1975?

UPDATE: So I finally bought the car. Got most of the interior stripped. Also,cars in Canada built in 75' still used miles right?

-
Back