What is needed to switch from sbp to 67 and later style wheels

-

Challngd73

Reaction score
Just as the title reads, I have a 66 barracuda and would like more wheel options. What is needed parts wise and how hard is the switch?

67s have SBP 4" lugs like yours does. To get BBP you need to change the spindle/ upper A arm, hub and might as well put on 73 and up disks. The rear needs different axles and may as well try to get a set of 11" drums with BBP axles.

Just as the title reads, I have a 66 barracuda and would like more wheel options. What is needed parts wise and how hard is the switch?

72 back is small bolt pattern so if you are just trying to go to 14" any A body wheel will work if the car hasn't been changed over. If you want to go to big bolt pattern then you need the parts off a 73 up disc brake car.

Well, probably not popular with a lot of people but I am going the pro touring route so 18's.

My 74 dart parts car had 14" steelies on it w discs, im using this setup on my 67 cuda. i since upgraded the spindles to cordoba big brakes in front, and 10"x 2&1/2" cordoba finned rear drums, and the 78 cordoba master cylinder. Everythings a bolt on. Gives you the big bolt pattern, and gets rid of the wimpy lug nuts and studs. :) the reason i sourced all that stuff from one year model car was it was designed as a system, and a 78 cordoba weighs 3,975 pounds. My bcuda only weighs 2,700 pounds. A 1,200 pound difference. It ought to stop well. Lol

Matt

you can buy adapters that take your current 7/16" right and left hand 5 on 4 lug setup to all 1/2" right hand 5 on 4.5 but... those adapter must be properly installed. Odds are the balance weights welded on your break drums will interfear with the apapters mounting flush against the drum so some notch grinding on the adapters or relocating the weights will be required.

you can buy adapters that take your current 7/16" right and left hand 5 on 4 lug setup to all 1/2" right hand 5 on 4.5 but... those adapter must be properly installed. Odds are the balance weights welded on your break drums will interfear with the apapters mounting flush against the drum so some notch grinding on the adapters or relocating the weights will be required.

Thank you for the post. The rear is an 8 3/4, and the motor is a warmed Over 340. Will those adapters hold up?

u can use the small bolt cragers amd centerline rims. i have a set of small bolt cragers on my duster.

Thank you for the post. The rear is an 8 3/4, and the motor is a warmed Over 340. Will those adapters hold up?

I would be foolish to say they would take anything you dish out.
I dont make them.
Adapters got a bad reputation over the years mostly because they weren't properly installed.

-
Back