what is the best thread sealant for high pressure efi fitting?

-

5.7bob

Reaction score
What is the best sealant for high pressure fittings that gas wont degrade?

What type of "high pressure" fittings? No EFI system operates at anything resembling high pressure.

Generally A/N type fittings are designed to be assembled without any sealant. Torque properly and they won't leak. Same applies to NPT fittings which have tapered threads.

To add to the above the only type fitting that should require sealant is pipe fittings

High pressure fittings don't use sealer. The design of the fitting itself does the sealing. The threads of the fitting are just for tightening.

I'll assume that he's referring to the fittings with pipe threads on one end, and A/N fittings on the other that are screwed into fuel rail, fuel pump etc.

If that is the case you want degrease the parts and then apply an anaerobic sealer with teflon like the SWAK that demon seed recommended.

I personally use Permatex 80631

When you apply the sealer, do not apply it to the very first thread.

I'd avoid using teflon tape. You have to wrap it counter clockwise and it tends to ball up and not make a good seal.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

High pressure fittings don't use sealer. The design of the fitting itself does the sealing. The threads of the fitting are just for tightening.

Read this over and over.

-
Back