what is the cheapest way to redo bucket seats

-

aarong5

Aaron Grimes
Reaction score
everywhere I look online its 350 for covers plus like 50 for shipping and like 300 for a set of foam, seems like there should be a way to get seats recovered for alot less than 600 dollars...or is this just wishful thinking?

I hear ya...I went through the same internal debate. I finally bought better bucket seats with great neck support for a whole lot less. If you go that route, you my have to fab a bit.

Up here it was a lot more...couldn't justify the cost...

Sorry, I know this doesn't help but it gives you an option.

Grassy

I bet if you wait until Memorial day there will be sales. But you pay to play with any Mopar.

I took mine to a local upholstery shop and had them recovered. Picked the material I wanted and had them done my way. If you are looking for "correct" this is not the way to go, but if you just want nice.. it is cheaper and a lot less work. I dropped mine off and then picked them up finished 2 weeks later for $500 total.

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 333
These were about $750 shipped.
(I didn't have them recovered, it was the seats already done as I asked and shipped)
Recaro sport's

Attachments

• seats1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 313
  • 2a.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 316
Where did you buy the new seats from? Someone gave me the name of a website like a year ago but I can't remember what it was now

I have 68/69 A/b foam for sale @ $220.00 shipped lower 48 with burlap and muslin and listing wire. New in box please see for sale adds.

Where did you buy the new seats from? Someone gave me the name of a website like a year ago but I can't remember what it was now

If you are asking me, I got them from this seller on Ebay.
They have cover kits for about 400 shipped, or you can buy the whole seat already done.
I requested the red inserts and he said "sure no problem" and didn't charge any extra for doing them two tone.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-325...ies&hash=item51acccdbb9&vxp=mtr#ht_1792wt_909

I didn't have to buy them though as my Brother in law bought them for me.:D

I bought a nice fitted $150 seat cover from coverking at cabellas for our newer Impala's back seat. I am looking for something like that for the barracuda. Not the $30 dragon imprited crappy walmart covers on there now, but also not the $350 factory correct ones either. Vinal sucks anyway. Just looking for a black comfortable $100-$150 pair of covers.

This is the closest thing i've come to buying

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270821166689

I'd rather have comfort over factory correct as long as it looked close, no seats frome a that look like they are from a 1985 cadillac lol, there was a place online that sold seats that just looked right for classic cars, and I wish I could think of the place (my old boss told
Me about it and I quit that place for a better job with no notice) so he may not wanna tell me at this point.

i did the duct tape thing for now LOL

IMG_0105.jpg

-
Back