What is the craziest thing you have done while driving on the street

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
I was thinking today how peaceful it is around here, not even those motorcycles you could hear...a few years back you could hear a few everyday winding out the gears in the far distance. Now with high gas prices and high car/motorcycle prices, not any 18, 19, 20 year olds are out there banging through the gears in a nice fast ride.

Then I recalled when I was around 18 and had a 70 Olds Cutlass--yeah but it had the old rocket motor, too bad the car hold the road not so well, coil springs suck.

Well it was fun for me back then.

There was these 2 fast cars both around 1970, both speeding down our local main roads--doing you know that 70+ in 40--45 zones.

Me just had to try to join in, lol

I think I caught up to them at a red light and once it was green we all floored it, was now on a 5 lane road, 2 lanes each direction with a center "turn" lane. That turn lane was those guys passing lane and yep I was trying to stay with them but could not, was 10--15 cars in back...those other 2 cars in front were very loud. So loud, some dude heard them coming and while he missed them, was right on the curb waving his hands, jumping up and down for me to slow down, i looked and seen 90 on my speed-o.

I backed off and started braking down, the other 2 cars went bye bye, made a fast left turn and headed on home--at a more normal speed...60 ?

Thank god nothing happen, there was homes everywhere down that street, was right outside the main shopping strip where the homes-subdivision first started around 7--8 pm, still daylight cause it was summer.

Its funny how 30 years later i still remember it. I guess cause 3 cars speeding down a normal side street is rare and that guy who went crazy hearing us coming down the street scared the heck out of me, he looked like he was going to run right in front of my car--good thing he didn't.

I would have to llist it in the blue forum....lol

Had a 93 Toyota Paseo (neat little car....like 40mpg) anyways had the motor slightly built but brakes were stock. Raced some ol boy in an integra going about 85 at around 3am. Started going around a slight curve before a bridge and outta nowhere comes another car in the other lane. Slammed on my brakes and the rears locked up spun around halfway and came to rest backed against the guardrail before the bridge began with maybe 5 foot of guardrail to my left and a huge ravine just after that..needless to say I went about 10 under the speed limit the rest of the way home...traded the Paseo for my Daytona about a week later

When I was 17 I managed to fit six people into a 76 Corvette Stingray. Okay, only four were actually IN the car. The other two were riding on the roof where the t-tops usually went. But it was still fun!

I exchanged phone numbers with a girl coming home from the Mopar show at Bandimere doing around 60-65mph. in my buddys (now mine) 89 Shelby CSX.

Damn........EXACTLY what I was thinking, aren't tilt steering columns great.

;)

YES they are!!!! and so are reclining seats!!!! and so are back seats and so are hoods and trunks and roofs and especially the rear deck of a fastback Cuda!!! bringing NEW meaning to "HEMI" under glass!!!!! OOOH RAH!!!! BIGBLOCK, ENDLESS GO POWER, WHEEL STANDS GALORE and the stars to light your way.....
OOOOOHHHHHH YYYEEEAAAAAAA!!!

ohh boy.....I did alot of stupid things when i was younger.....when I was about 17 I had an 86 camaro z28 that was my first car and I built it from the ground up and i did NOT take it easy on it lol.

one time I had about 4 friends in the car with me....and in my small town there was one rail road track that was like a ramp.......we got about an 8th mile away from the track....made sure no cars were around,no trains coming and so on... (it was about midnight) punched the gas....got up to about 70ish...hit the track...caught huge air, landed....and all my exhaust fell off and sparks for flying everywhere when we smacked down lol.

lots of drag racing.

one time I took that same camaro down a dead end road with no street lights.....couldnt see anything, seen what LOOKED like a turn around up ahead and as soon as I pulled in I sunk the camaro a quarter of the way up the doors....sat out there for an hour trying to get out and all I managed to do was ruin my tires.....had a tough time explaining to the tow truck driver exactly how I managed getting into such a situation LOL.

had an 85 mustang gt t-top that I built to the gills.....went over to a family members house....tons of people were there, and when I left they were all routing me on to do a burnout. the road went up hill and I was not use to the clutch as I had just built it and started driving it. did some reving and was looking cool, got ready to drop the clutch.....and stalled it LOL ...talk about an embarrassing moment lol.

sooooo many more stupid stories but I don't want to blab on.

funny how when you grow up and look back at that type of stuff you think about how stupid alot of it was.....now I drive the speed limit everywhere and parts are to expensive to be stupidly breaking stuff...and gas is to expensive to have a foot full of throttle everywhere you go lol.

I honestly don't want to give the younger folks on here any ideas...I'm lucky to still be alive. I however will share that on my way to WI I really had to go and needed to make up time so relieved myself in a bottle while driving. The army taught me that trick lol.

i got really pissed at dad once and decided to go for a "drive" in the duster. I went to the nearest long strech of road and just nailed it.....gps on my phone said 130 and climbing so i got scared and backed off....i swear the car was starting to snarl. Then in my tahoe i got annoyed waiting on these bluehaired old ppl to get in so i jumped down the 10 ft didtch in 4wd and gave it hell for bout 40ft then jumped back on the road and hauled ***! Oh and numerous accounts of shaking peoples windows with subwoofers and other 17 dumb stuff to do. And you bet i cherish every moment while i can haha! ;)

lol these stories are funny i bought my duster when i was 16 and it was my first car well after a few months we loaded up my car with 5 people in it and the trunk loaded with our paintballing gear to go paintballing at a local feild we knew of.
after we were done for the day we packed up and left and there was only one way in/out and someone closed the gate so we drove around in this field for like 30 minutes till i finally saw a way out.
the way out was cetching air and landing into someones back yard lol good thing there gate was open haha

oh and....one time, my buddy wanted a stereo system.....unfortunatly we were to young and broke to have such a thing....so I came up with the great idea to put our other buddy in the trunk and when we were getting ready to pass a group of pretty girls on the side of the street we would signal to our buddy in the trunk to pound on the trunk lid in a rythmic fashion so it sounded like we had a nice stereo when we were trying to impress the ladies LOL.

oh and hanging out the window of the car and letting bowling balls loose .....dont ask lol.

and grabbing shopping carts from the local super market and getting on the highway that was right next door and seeing how fast we could take them until they wobbled so uncontrollably at about 70 mph that we had to let them go and watch them cream into signs or orange constuction barrels or something.

very stupid stuff...I have no idea how we got away with alot of it or what the heck we were thinking back then.....looking back now all i can do is shake my head lol

In my college days (mid 80's) i had a 1977 Gran Fury, only with a 318 but at least I got a Mopar--was my junk winter time car I brought cheap, a few hundred bucks.

Had 13 people in it once going to back to Big Rapids, MI a 2 1/2 hour drive ...wasn't my idea, at least many were girls. We had 4 guys in back, with 3 girls on their laps and 6 up front in the bench seat, 4 apart with 2 on their laps, me driving with nobody on my lap.

I was pissed but got $50 for gas so I did it.

Some dude was a jerk and kept screaming "we're going to hit" on every tight squeeze, as I was trying to do 70 on a 55 freeway--remember 55, what a joke. You had to weave in and out of traffic sometimes. We ended up hitting another car, yep. Was some other car with college punks, all black guys. We pulled over and both blamed each other, they didn't try anything seeing how many people we had, lol--and they were clean cut guys.

I got a letter from their insurance company asking what happen a few weeks later on, I wrote back saying I got no idea what they are talking about, never heard anything more of it.

The wimp was yelled at to shut the heck up--even by the girls and somehow we made it up there with no more problems...when the dude left he told me he never ride with me again, I was like good.

Damn........EXACTLY what I was thinking, aren't tilt steering columns great.

;)

Never got anything--head that is--while driving. The few gf's I had over the years all were scared to death of doing it. They all heard its too easy for the guy to mess up while driving and hit something and if so, their head would strike the steering wheel and would get hurt bad or killed.

Every one had the same old story, maybe the schools back then brainwashed them. I was no no, I pay attention to the road, they were like nope, you be looking down at me and I be the one who gets hurt.

Oh well, least they were much easier to deal with once the car was parked.\\:D/

We did a lot of stupid and dangerous stuff, but something funny was driving in reverse through the fast-food drive line. Always got a lot of laughs and funny looks...

-
Back