what is the deal with an fittings?

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
off of my dual feed line i have a fuel filter from jegs, it screws right into the braided dual feed line. it keeps leaking between the 2. im getting angry.

kurt

Does one have tapered threads and not the other? AN fittings have a taper at the end to seat I believe. Some have threads that are tapered all the way to the end (pipe threads). Can you post a pic.

it was matched up when i called jegs. the clown there picked it all out to fit. i cant remember what he said. it screws in nice....

i have the liquid stuff, i used that when i redid it for this same problem over the weekend, and it worked great. now i went to start it tonight, and its leaking again. not happy

I dont think teflon tape and gasoline get along very well. Sounds like something is cross threaded or the fittings aren't matched up.

they arnt crossed threaded....ill tighten it up alittle more. thoase an fittings can be a pain sometimes....should seal up tho...

Does it mabby need an O ring? A lot of them I have seen have a grove at the base for a rubber O ring to go in.

On my Holley 670 Avenger,I tried several different brands of dual feed lines.They all leaked.To solve the problem I took to the carb to a local speed shop and had custom lines made to fit the carb.No more leaks.

try a better manufactured filter like Peterson, Hilborn, Weldon or Kinsler. The big box guys get and sell cheap junk...

The better filters use ORB (oring boss) fittings into the filters and 37 degree Jic fittings (AN SIZED) for fitting to connect to your system. If you are really concerened about leaks, use viton orings.

It is a very good idea to try and stay away from NPT to JIC fittings, if you do not like chasing leaks.

NEVER EVER USE teflon tape on any AN fittings... and use the aluminum wrenches, to tighten for the feel they give when seating the 37 degree seats.

Just use the Summit adjustable dual feed line with filter, about $40.00. Has the pressure reg. included. Never had aproblem.

Most of the "AN Style" fittings available for automotive use are cheap knockoffs. They neither meet the Mil spec nor are they FAA approved. Also consider the possibility that the genius who sold this stuff to you is actually dumber than plumbing.

Post a picture and part numbers of what you have, and maybe somebody will have some insight.

cheap knockoffs" is where the deals are....:cheers: nascar retreads are real deals also...8)

dumber than plumbing is a job requirement for Jegs and Summit tech support....:glasses9:

New Aeroquip and Eaton are overkill :happy10: remember this is the A body forum :toothy10: where cheap is best....:thebirdm:

im not sure what im gonna do...i figured everyones response would have made my mind up by now, but thanks everyone.

New Aeroquip and Eaton are overkill :happy10: remember this is the A body forum :toothy10: where cheap is best....:thebirdm:

Cheap is BEST for the A body forum ????

Then you flip us off ? :angry7:

And over here he's really making friends too.... Check out some of his other posts!

-
Back