What is the most POWERFUL engine you have ever been behind?

-

cudamike13

cudamike13
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is mine...

IMG_20220220_0002.jpg
IMG_20220220_0004.jpg

Me Personally, I've rode in some cool stuff...
but I once flew an '83 Piper Seneca3 with Dual 220hp Turbo Continentals.

Piper.jpg

GE CF6 aircraft engine on a Boeing 767, they make 59,000 lbs of thrust (should be about 30,000 hp each)...and there are two of them.

Haven't been on a Boeing 777 but those have engines that make 115,000 lbs of thrust...

23,648 if all you are talking about is HP. I have about 8,000 hours in C-130E models. Thay are powered by 40Allison t-56 Turboprop jet engines with 5,912 Shaft HP each. Although technically, I was not behind the engines. If you are talking about a car, I had a ride on a racetrack with a well prepped Viper. WOW! The most powerful car I have ever driven was when my oldest daughter paid for me to attend one of those NASCAR driving experience things. My 69 Barracuda has about 370 HP.

I've been behind a lot of fast engines at the drag strip one day I hope to be in front of them LOL...
It's hard having the slow stroker on the internet...
Did I mention I was an internet super model...

Meh, 750HP give or take. Was a friend's 71 440 stroker six pack Cuda. He just threw the keys at me one day and said "come on". So I did.

Meh, 750HP give or take. Was a friend's 71 440 stroker six pack Cuda. He just threw the keys at me one day and said "come on". So I did.
yep, you told some of us about this before, had to be a crazy fast ride :thumbsup:

413 in a 64 Valiant making a little over 550hp.. I was young, 30 I believe. Felt my neck get straighten out in the seat with my hands on the wheel, before that it was a small block Chevy 7.0 car 23 years young with a child in diapers and a two year old.

68 Road Runner Hemi 4 speed. A buddies Panatera was pretty fast. A customer at the dealer had a 427 Corvette that was pretty fast and another customer had a Buick Grand National.

150 MW nuclear reactor powering CGN-36 USS California, although it would only do around 35 knots.

This may not count, but it's still a heck of a something to be around. I was inside here once trying to get a job. The pilings that this building in the center attaches to (generation area) are rebar cages that are inside of an 8 foot diameter 2-1/4 inch wall casing welded together as they're installed into the earth and bedrock to a depth of 80 to 120 foot deep (I know because I had a friend that worked for a subsidiary of Case Foundation who was on the crew welding them together). 668 MW (895,000plus HP!) Hitachi steam turbine and generator assembly on the fourth floor. They sound a siren off before they start the generating and five seconds later (protocol to let everyone stop what they're doing) you feel the whole building in the center of the picture moving back and forth until everything evens out. The person I was interviewing with told me it was engineered for up to one and a half inch of lateral movement during start up.
Virginia City Hybrid Energy Center - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Most power I've ever felt was in a Leer Jet (private jet). Unbelievable.

Twin turbo 427 LS in a pinto drag car. Made 1400ish at the tire. Low 5s in the 8th. That car was scary.

I also got to drive comp dragsters at Frank Hawley drag racing school. But those didn’t feel all that fast even though they were. They were kinda just point and shoot to me. BBC powered and I have no idea how much power they made.

'68 Shelby 500
428 cu. in.
C-6 auto

Well balanced car, did not feel nose heavy when driving it.

One of those things where you feel like you can command the power, and still be in control of it at the same time.

Was a pleasure to drive.

My dad was a project manager on part of a craft that went in to space does that count?

855 ci cummins bc3 tuned to 650 hp and bout 2250 tq ability to pull 90,000 lbs up 7% grades and cruise at above average highway speeds....

-
Back