Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I new I could get some looker's :-D

I have never seen one before :dontknow:

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 079.jpg

A redheaded buzzsaw woodpecker?
He's attacking your tree!

It could be a dead bird...................looks like dinner.

Yall are getting warm 8) But what kind of woodpecker would this be :read2:
360scamp and j-miller are right :cheers: Good eating for our for father's =P~

Looks too big to be any kind of woodpecker...the Piliated Woodpecker is the largest woodpecker in N. America from what I've read and they are about the size of a large crow. Cool looking bird Memike I want to know what it is!

It looks to be a "real, live" ivy billed woodpecker. Last reported seen in Arkansas. I will notify the Fish & Wildlife Service for you Memike. They will immediately come and take your property and declare it a wildlife management area. So sorry, but you will have to move out - like yesterday - take nothing with you...
C

Looks too big to be any kind of woodpecker...the Piliated Woodpecker is the largest woodpecker in N. America from what I've read and they are about the size of a large crow. Cool looking bird Memike I want to know what it is!

Here is what it is goldfisf65 Thought o be extinct

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 084.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 085.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 086.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 087.jpg

Ivory billed woodpecker?

The Winner :cheers::cheers::cheers: Congratulations goldfish65 :cheers:
And I see clhyer got it to :-D

Here is another picture of my little hobby time :-D

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 078.jpg

Can we say hot rod money?

In June 2006, a $10,000 reward was offered for information leading to the discovery of an Ivory-billed Woodpecker nest, roost or feeding site.[3] In December 2008, the Cornell lab of ornithology announced a reward of $50,000 to the person who can successfully lead a project biologist to a living Ivory-billed Woodpecker

Wow, this is very interesting, you are lucky to have seen it, that is one rare bird. Sad that they are almost all gone.

Although it has that "home made" kinda look to it!!!

FF
It's a real photo, isn't it Memike? It would be cool to get some reward money, but if then again it might disturb your peaceful life on the hill if you get any authorities involved.

Can we say hot rod money?

In June 2006, a $10,000 reward was offered for information leading to the discovery of an Ivory-billed Woodpecker nest, roost or feeding site.[3] In December 2008, the Cornell lab of ornithology announced a reward of $50,000 to the person who can successfully lead a project biologist to a living Ivory-billed Woodpecker
All true eaglesguy 8)

Wow, this is very interesting, you are lucky to have seen it, that is one rare bird. Sad that they are almost all gone.
lmao :toothy10: I wish this was a real one I would be on the world news tonight :-D and maybe a new way of living :-D

Although it has that "home made" kinda look to it!!!

FF
Does don't it :-D My father in law has a small pond he watches duck and birds all the time and I am going to sneak it out to his place, He keeps an eye on and feeds birds and has allot of knowledge on the birds that he keeps feeders and shelters for 8) When he see's it Christmas morning the hole family will be assured I am crazy :-D

It was a Blue H.

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 011.jpg

I still think it's a Superbird.
:-D MoPar for sure :-D

It's Woody Woodpecker!

Nice job Mike! It's looks very realistic.
I think if I put it out far enough my Father in law will laugh his ahha!! off :-D Exactly right ramcharger :cheers: Woody the woodpecker cartoon back in the day!!
These birds was all over not to long ago, I say we still had them around and more populated around this part of the country 40 years ago

I'm gull-able I guess. You had me going!

I hope it put a smile on your face :-D I figure it will be the talk for a few days around the hill and in the family after I set it up where the hole family will see it Christmas day :toothy10:

-
Back