What is this? (not a mopar part)

-

Projectile Dart

Reaction score
I know everyone loves this game. Ive been a little confused with this one. It came in a pile of random tools I got at a garage sale, it is the only one of its kind in the pile and does not appear to be damaged or modified in any way but does show some wear from use.
It appears to be an impact socket with thick walls, black coloring, and heavy weight, and what is legible on the side reads "Blackhawk , Made in USA , 30518 , 9/16"
Notice its a "deep socket" because of its length, however the splines themselves that attach onto the bolt/nut are relatively shallow. The drive side is not a standard square we are all used to seeing but rather like a rounded cross type of shape.
What do you think?

Sorry it was giving me issues to upload and then when I tried to post it gave me an error. Let's see if it works this time

20230414_103528.jpg

20230414_103522.jpg

20230414_103514.jpg

20230414_103508.jpg

20230414_103458.jpg

20230414_103453.jpg

20230414_103446.jpg

Yea some kind of specialty socket for something like Kieth said above. Oil pressure sender, temp sensor, ect

It’s an old worn out 6 point impact wrench socket. It’s No good anymore.
Toss it. They have a tendency to get like that after prolong use.

Last edited:
It’s an old worn out 6 point impact wrench socket. It’s No good anymore.
Toss it. They have a tendency to get like that after prolong use.
I think you’re correct on the drive end of it. But the rounded corners of the “nut” side make it look different than a typical 6pt. And they don’t look worn.

The nut end is for removing nuts and bolt when the corners have been rounded. The other end is probably deformed due to the repeated of an impact gun.

Sounds like it’s a paper weight now.

Last edited:
Blackhawk is a brand of tool I have seen before. The drive end looks simply wore out. The other end kinda looks like it could be a special socket for a sensor or possibly a security lug nut.

Blackhawk is a brand of tool I have seen before. The drive end looks simply wore out. The other end kinda looks like it could be a special socket for a sensor or possibly a security lug nut.
It's the same socket. The hex end is the fastener end and the worn out square end is the impact wrench end. Same socket worn out on both ends. Blackhawk should be Lifetime warranty but getting it replaced because of wear out is iffy.

I worked busting tires for Sears when I was in tech school.
I saw a few that looked similar but weren’t worn as as bad
they wear like that from a lot of use.
If you look close the metal is kind of worn and shiny. This is from the impact of metal to metal on the gun part and the nut part from the vibration of the impact gun. It was probably just a piece of crap socket.

-
Back