What is this on my air filter?

-

g413

Reaction score
View attachment IMG_1305.jpg

I asked this question once before, but I got no takers. This little funnel-like thing is on the side of my air cleaner for a 1967 Barracuda (273) with air conditioning. It looks it was some kind of fill tube for a liquid or oil. Could this be stock? If not, what might it have been used for?

If nobody answers me this time, I promise not to ask again.

I seriously doubt that is anything stock. (never seen one before on anything anywhere)
Probably just someones dumb idea for something.

Not really an answer though, is it? :)

That's some bullshit somebody put on there to make it easier to add oil. The engine was probably a wore out POS they were putting oil in every other day. Seen stuff like that a lot.

Vase for flowers? It was built during the flower power age.

Its a dumaflotchit

A dumaflotchit is an item you dont know what it is, you just cal it that.

Ok, heres my guess.
When they introduced oxygenated fuels here, one of the first things I noticed was the tendency of the engine to require longer than normal crank times when not started for several days. I attributed it to the lighter portions of the fuel evaporating. So what I did was learned to prime the carb before each weekly start. I used a plastic bottle and just sloshed a few CCs down the throat. Worked like a charm.
No if a guy was more particular than me, he might be inclined to measure out an exact amount of fuel and inject it into the bowl through the vent tube. And if he wasnt dressed in coveralls, he might be looking for a holster for his injector.......
You see where Im going with that?
How long did it take?
Ok Ill spill the beans.
Its a syringe holster.
Iknow, I know. The hood might not close with it in there, but its all I could come up with.

Im not sure why I read all these replys but I know now that I dont know anymore then when i started to read all these replys! SO maybe I should reread them all again and see if I missed something! Ah, probably not!
Rod

Yeah you do,
You know most of us are wild and crazy guys who are ever ready to seize the moment, and make comedic statements about things we have no idea about, showing that theres still a kid in most of us.
And, just like us, you keep coming back to where the fun is.

-
Back