What is this part.

-

CLAY72dart

Reaction score
What is this part? 72 dart

image.jpg

On the top of the ashtray housing is a square hole. Into it go the two "feet" of the bulb holder. This is the ground. The orange wire plugs into the main harness nearby. All orange wires are dash lights.

On the top of the ashtray housing is a square hole. Into it go the two "feet" of the bulb holder. This is the ground. The orange wire plugs into the main harness nearby. All orange wires are dash lights.
Do you know what wires this connect to? It’s the defrost switch.

image.jpg

Do you know what wires this connect to? It’s the defrost switch.

View attachment 1716186464
I don’t know where it plugs into the harness cause the orange wire is cut after the plug. I’ll send a photo.

Time to buy a new harness.
Probably was cut off long time ago for aftermarket radio or graphic equalizer.
Yea! That was a thing.

For the rear defogger switch, you might be looking for an auxiliary harness that plugs into a harness that goes behind the kick panel on the way to the back of the car. This is from the assembly manual that covers the 1967-69 cars, so it may be different from your '72.

IMG_20240101_224313755.jpg

back to post 6 - not the defrost, but the rear air circulation fan in the package tray that blows internal air on the back window. The bezel below the switch should say "REAR AIR". Do you have a blower fan under your package tray (look in trunk)?

I’m having a problem finding all of the wire connections on the harness on the wiring diagram.
They may not be there. Some of the acessory stuff like the defrost (as an example) are either on other diagrams, or not there. Sometimes going a year ahead or back in the manual will tell you. Sometimes, going to a B body diagram will provide answers. If you have not you need to leaf through the diagram pages and just read through them.

-
Back