what is your favorite non-mopar car

-
I had a 70 that same color. It was quite rare. It had a 1969 build date. Everything matched on it.

240z.jpg

Gotta go with the '72. That's the year they had everything worked out right, just before they started getting heavy.

7283090002_large.jpg

Do any of you's know what this is?...Had a sbc stroker with 4.11 gears and really shot and got!

A Vega, or is that an Opel?
My neighbor has a Vega that is somewhat badass - it is an original Jungle Jim...
C

While I do like A LOT of cars, this is the one I miss the most. This one wasn't my car but you get the idea. Mine would destroy anything on the street, gotta love AWD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 208
I know many of us are diehard Mopar or no car people ......but most of us are love with cars in general......I am as diehard Mopar as they come, I have one for a daily driver and I live mopar.

However there has always been one non-mopar car that has always caught my attention since I was very young .....I have had thoughts over the years to acquire one but I don't really want to stock parts and learn another car when I specialize in A-bodies now.

so what is that one car that has always caught you attention and given you temptations to get one

for me its a Saab 96 ...I have always been captivated by these Swedish meatballs since I first saw one.....I will probably never get one considering their rarity in middle America but I still like to see them :D

My uncle had one of those, at least I know it was a Saab and looked like that. It had a 2 stroke engine. It was back in like 1968

Only one to pick from??

How about some of the cars I have owned back. 69 Z28, 68 & 69 SS Chevelle's, 68 & 69 Corvette's , 87 Grand National. I would also like a 66 GT or GTA Fairlane.

Tough choices

man, i can't even pick my favorite mopar, let alone everything else in the world. i just love CARS & trucks & bikes & ... i know - i'm ill.

Or a trusty old Jeep truck

Attachments

• 1957 Willys Jeep Truck Kaiser 4 Four wheel drive 4.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 219
man, i can't even pick my favorite mopar, let alone everything else in the world. i just love CARS & trucks & bikes & ... i know - i'm ill.

In the Mopar world, i'm partial to 70'/71' Dusters.....just by a few percent though.

I'm with Joel on this thread though. I could fill this thing with a lot of cool 60's and 70's stuff. American muscle of course...:D.

429 SCJ Ranchero would be sweet.

Attachments

• 1971_Ford_Torino_GT_429_J_Code_Cobra_Jet_V8_Project_Car_For_Sale_resize.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 188
  • 79231_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 216
I had a clone to this '72 Pontiac Formula when I was younger......very cool, classy and they haul *** and handle too. A little out of my price range now.....well, by choice. Mine was a 4-speed with no A/C.

(There's actually so many cars I love....it's almost impossible to pick just one)

hppp_0705_01_z%2B1972_firebird_formula%2Bfront_view.jpg

That's a tough one. But I am a pretty big fan of the 1965 Mercury Comet.

0801phr_07_z+1965_mercury_comet_cyclone+front_right_view.jpg

Orrrr.. a 1962 Pontaic Catalina Super Duty would be pretty damn sweet too..

SC0511-107379_8.jpg

Rani always has a great thread. I have seen some cars I have had on here like the 240Z and the TR-5 petrol injection but for me I think the most beautiful car ever made and the one I would want would be the Jaguar XKE Series 1 and followed closely by the Ferrari 250 GTO (the original GTO). Great thread Rani.

If my first pick is too new, you can never go wrong with this. All the power of a big block but the weight of a small block. My oh my ZL1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 170
WoW that's a hard one all my first row are mopars but the second row well how about a 70 GTO JUDGE

'53 Studebaker Starlite Coupe. I want to screw one together with a late Hemi/6 spd, independent suspension, cushy leather interior with all the amenities. The wife and I like road trips to nowhere in particular, be a cool cruiser.

Attachments

• srop_0802_01_z+ciappa_coupe+1953_studebaker_starlite_coupe.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 189
1964 Galaxie 500 XL . Straight axle , in the air , 427 side-oiler , 4-speed on the rug , black , red interior , and big ole herbies in the back !

Attachments

• leftside34-1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 382928131ea8b878b797e7881abcd5d9.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 209
This or that :burnout:1961 Sunbeam Alpine pro street.454,5 speed nash,9",4 link.:prayer:

Attachments

• car%20show%20picture.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Rebel_3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Alpine open 001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 186
'65 Corvette 427 or '67 Cutlass 4-4-2 (has to be all black though).

I would have said AC Cobra before everyone and their uncle owned a fiberglass knockoff.

But, there's so many cars I like and would be happy with, lots would come very close to those two.

-
Back