what is your favorite non-mopar car

-
far to many to list, but here is a sample....

1932 Ford Victoria
49 Merc 2 Door sedan
1957 and 1962 Corvette Roadsters

1967 Pontiac GTO
GMC Syclone (pickup)
GMC Typhoon (SUV)

Attachments

• 67 GTO.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Syclone.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Typhoon.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 183
94-98 Porsche 993/last of the air cooled cars. best of the best.

Attachments

• 97rearc4s.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 193
I had a 70 that same color. It was quite rare. It had a 1969 build date. Everything matched on it.

'69 tag cars are still really sought after.

I like the look of the hatch vents, but they suck exhaust fumes, which is why they swapped the C pillar badges to the Z vent badge, for an alternative cabin vent.

Some of the really early cars, maybe yours, had a hand choke and hand throttle on the center console that were intended for cold start. They dropped the hand throttle pretty early in production for the '70 model.

The US order cars were back ordered through mid 1971.

I still like the '72, because it has the later cabin vents, from '71 1/2 on, but unlike the '71 1/2 back, had reclining seat frames and retractable seat belts.

If I could have any of them I'd really like a Fairlady Z 432R.

NISMO_OT_007.jpg

n2d012-orgz432_Nissan-Fairlady-Z432R-S30-640x426.jpg

They actually had a different bellhousing and different motor mounts that canted the engine over to the right side, so the DCOE webers would clear the strut tower. The exhaust was still on the right side.

Those aluminum hemi heads were cross flow and had 4 valves and twin overhead cams. They only put them in the 432 and the GTR, on the 2 liter engine, that redlined past 8k.

If chrysler never made another hemi head or replacement part after 1971, that's about how rare those engines are. Most of those cars sell in the neighborhood of $150K.

I always liked the lines on the 65 Volvo 1800. Would be great with a Hemi and 4 speed. But my favorite has always been the '57-'58 Studebaker Hawks.

If I could have any of them I'd really like a Fairlady Z 432R..

Yes, Dave.....you're quite right. The S-20 engine. I won't tell you how I could've bought one back in the 80's for the $5K range when I was stationed over there. LOL I DID bring back a RHD Toyota GT2000 though......still got it too. A 1976 with a 18RG, factory Mikunis, manual choke and a 7K RPM redline! I also love Japanese classic cars!

IMG-1.jpg

IMG_0001-2.jpg

What kind of Caddy' was Cab Calloway's el camino in the Blues Brothers?

You got me curious so I looked it up. It's a 67 Coupe DeVille converted to a flower car (for big funerals) by McClain Sales & Leasing. You can see other Cadillac flower cars in the original Godfather movie.

Attachments

• cad.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 179
Willey's for me if I had to pick anything to build for my self .

Attachments

• 1 model9999.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 1 model3333.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 1model11.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 183
Another good thread and another tough one. But I'll go with my new ride.
93 Mustang Notchback 5.0 5 speed. Total fun factor!

Another good thread and another tough one. But I'll go with my new ride.
93 Mustang Notchback 5.0 5 speed. Total fun factor!

I was walking into Walmart today, and a 87/90 ish fox convertible came thru the lot. All stock looking, quiet, and was a auto, but when it stopped at a crossroad, it had a nasty sounding cam. Been a while since i've heard something decent around here, but it sounded great.

I was walking into Walmart today, and a 87/90 ish fox convertible came thru the lot. All stock looking, quiet, and was a auto, but when it stopped at a crossroad, it had a nasty sounding cam. Been a while since i've heard something decent around here, but it sounded great.

People either hate or love the fox mustangs. I love the way they sound. Not as good as a BB Mopar but still a good sound. When I was 20 my choice fora new car was a 4 cyl fwd Mopar or a v8 rwd mustang. And the mustang was $2k cheaper.

I actually had a 86' Notch i got for free. A completely rust free 4cyl 4spd car. I gutted it, put 5 lug front rotors on, picked up a 8.8" for it. Got the frame connectors in and was ready to do a 8pt bar/cage when i had to move from Fl to Va. for elderly family reasons. There was absolutely knowwhere for me to keep it or work on it there, so i had to let it go, in 2005. I loved that a rear drive V8 car could weight well under 3000lbs. Kinda reminded me of the early "A"s and 66'/67' Nova's of years past. Guess I've been outed as a Ford fanatic now, even though, other then a few company trucks, that's the only one I've owned.....lol.

Yes, Dave.....you're quite right. The S-20 engine. I won't tell you how I could've bought one back in the 80's for the $5K range when I was stationed over there. LOL I DID bring back a RHD Toyota GT2000 though......still got it too. A 1976 with a 18RG, factory Mikunis, manual choke and a 7K RPM redline! I also love Japanese classic cars!

Very cool!

I'm a huge fan of the Japanese classics. Very underrated cars. Top notch engines.

I work on my girlfriend's sisters car, once in a while when it needs something. She has a '77 Celica GT liftback with the 20R. Nothing as cool as the RG, but at some point, I think the car would do well with a few things, maybe some smiley bumpers. Right now I'm looking for hood hinges for it.

I've swapped the original carb with a DGEV Weber and I've gone through the engine and ignition system with new components, timing chain, etc. That thing runs like a sewing machine and handles great.

P4200242.jpg

I have a 3 way tie...
1970-73 Firebird. My sentimental favorite. I had a 73 Espirit 400. Loved that car. In 74 they had pretty much same body, but goofing looking nose and a wrap around rear window that runs the look.

1970 GTO Judge. Dazed and confused. One of the few die cast cars i owned growing up. 'Nuff said.

1970 cCyclone Spoiler. A friend of mine has one. Every time I see it I fall in love with that crosshairs grill.

I would have hyper linked some pics, but my stupid iPad isn't copying and pasting.

I also wouldn't mind having a 72-75 Datsun 510 or skyline. Those look so damn cool!

Attachments

• image-1212582006.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 146
  • image-811035927.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 146
-
Back