• Flowtech

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • JBA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

69signetv8

Reaction score
I'm taking a "poll" on what headers you use now, "not" what you would like to have.

I think this poll could help in header decision making using a majority poll %.

It's understandable, that the price, fit & constuction of headers vary greatly.
I also understand "most" of use would enjoy a set of TTIs, however for some of us (it's just not going to happen).

Feel free as well to add comments about what you have and how you like or hate them :salute:

I got the Hooker comp. plus. They were on the Duster when I
bought it. They will stay till they start leaking. Then I don't
know what I will put on.

Set of Hooker were on it when I bought it , rebuilt motor and put them back on .... No problems so far... :happy4:

Hedman Hustler here

NMC_ru_Pickerell_jpg.jpg

I found a huge performance increase in dropping the Hedman cheapies (1 5/8") jobs and changing to the Hooker super comps (1 3/4" ), 1/4 mile E.T.'s dropped .4 seconds on my 408. I think dartdoc dropped 2.5 on his 360 with the same switch. Iam sure the Hedman Hustlers would have given the same increase, but the Hookers kinda fell into my lap.

I had Hedmens on the Barracuda. I bought a set of Hooker 1-3/4" super comps to replace them but they didnt clear my pan. Just ordered the TTIs I wanted in the first place so now I have 2 extra sets if anyone needs a set.

I think I have put on 4, of those brands on different cars through the years. Every set had the same problem where I killed the tubes running under the steering gear. Then I put on a set of TTI's. They have never touched the ground, or got killed by a speed bump or railway tracks. Some cars, like my old 73 340 Duster, I had 3 different set of headers on it. So is TTI to expensive, if you add up the fact that I put 3 set and all the time I spent doing it, who nows. As good as the TTI's are, I think that cost to much, but yea I bought them any way.

have had hookers small 1 5/8" supercomp headers they fitted good and where ok to install with slipjoint on #1 primary tube died flattend by speedbumps changed to flowtechs that fitted good but where a pain to install but the also got killed by speedbumps after some time...
now i have TTI and will never look back, they fit great and have not hit the ground in 3 years

I picked TTI. I use the TTI's for the B1/BS heads and my Schumachers for the cast iron heads.

I have a set of Hooker Comp. @ 1-5/8. The typical 3 tubes under the steering linkage ground scrapers.
Very tight fit, but no problems. Mini starter use? Very good.
Raise that engine! HIGH!!! Then you'll get'em in.
Raise the front end a bit for that extra ground clearance!

hey there is no option up top for " Have NO Clue"
lol I got em for free, and they have no markings on them what so ever!
Not only that they are really odd. They are 2 piece. The # 1 tube goes upward from the port and runs above 3,5,7 then drops down near the fire wall where there is a joint that requires a small clamp! They will be replaced with some better ones in the next few months! Hey they served their purpose! lol

I put tti's on both my 73 and 74 Dart Sport and love the fit and the looks. I also installed tti's 3" full exhuast with the factory style tips on the 74 and it's a great fit, easy installation and everything you need was included. Don't really know if I would spend the money for that again but it is nice.

I have the $100 Summit Headers on mine. They went on easy but they don't have any ground clearance at all. One tube is flat on the bottom.

But they work for now. I'm going to eventually replace them with some TTIs, which is why I bought the cheapest ones I could find.

-
Back