What makes Mopar stand out ?

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
I have been thinking about starting this thread for awhile.
Something fresh, something new. Something that we all can agree on.

What is it that makes our cars stand out, from the brand X's ?

Take pics and show them along with a story on why this makes us stand out.
Why this puts us over the top.

Pics of parts,colors,materials, anything you can think of.

I think this thread will be something we all can agree on, and should be fun.

I will start with a set of Hi-Po 340 manifolds.
Sure many guys chucked these on top of a pile back in the day, but they wished they had them all back now !
True, they dont flow quite as good as a set of good headers, but they still flow really well for a stock manifold.
There ease of use make them a great choice for all around use.
MaMopar did good with these !

Ok Guys/Gals what do you got ?
What sets us apart ?

Attachments

• 340 manifolds 002.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 497
Simply the little engine that could is what did it for Mopar. I'm talking about the 340! Oh and let's not forget the engine that changed racing, the Hemi.

Seeing an old Cross Ram setup is always pretty cool. I can't think of any other brand that stands out in this way.

Chrysler_300F_cross_ram.jpg

Can't leave out some of the wildest color options rolled off the factory line... Panther Pinks and Go Mango and Plum Crazy and Limelight!

I snarl at GM muscle cars that are lime green.

Simply the little engine that could is what did it for Mopar. I'm talking about the 340! Oh and let's not forget the engine that changed racing, the Hemi.

The 340 is definately a bad boy, but how about the T/A 340 !
3 2-barrel Holleys
J casting heads with unique pushrod holes to allow for oversized porting.
Unique rocker arm/shaft/pushrods.Thicker webs in the pan rail areas.
Ability to install 4-bolt mains on 2,3,and 4.
All this made this a Hot small block !

And remember..This thread is useless without pics !!!!

Attachments

• project70ChallengerTA340-4[1].jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 455
Because, since 1970, I have kicked butt on 383 cudas, 396 350hp chevelles, any 5.0 mustang, etc? That was with a warm 318; nobody wants a piece of the warm 340 in my Duster.

For me, the ability to smoke brand x and brand f with less work.Direct connection flowed freely at the speed shop I worked at.

Always thought all the characters were kind of cool. Definately set Chrysler apart from the rest.

Attachments

• SuperBeeDecal[1].jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 460
  • roadrunner[1].jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 456
  • duster_twister_71-73[1].jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 433
  • dodge_scatpack_LRG[1].jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 446
  • Coyote_Duster_Window[1].jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 450
  • 130515309406_1_0_1[1].jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 442
i have a 71 dart and a 67 coronet and a 78 macho power wagon granted none of them are worth much money but i love them all and they're pieces of artwork. Massively Over Powered And Respected

Mopars was a style in their own right and outclassed everyone.

Mopars was a style in their own right and outclassed everyone.

I agree 100%
Mopar vehicles have always been unique in their own right and especially since the 50's have had some of the most beautifully designed automobiles that have ever been manufactured, and of course the engines and drive trains are second to none.

I've always loved the style and impact colors. Each one is so beautiful in its own way. They are works of art to me. MMG:)

Seeing an old Cross Ram setup is always pretty cool. I can't think of any other brand that stands out in this way.
I agree with you here but the only one that I can think of that might would be the factory fuel injuctions cars from the late 50s to mid 60s.

Attachments

• 128257906221.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 429
Dump the Chevy F.I. shot and install the F.I. Fury of the day instead.
YEA BABY!

Mopar in the 70's was all about the individal. Look at the options you had for your car. Noone else could be as unique as Mopar. All about the customer

I agree with you here but the only one that I can think of that might would be the factory fuel injuctions cars from the late 50s to mid 60s.

Oh my god, a Chebby !!!!!! :butthead:

Dont make me lock this thread....lol

We all know the story on this little beast.

Attachments

• hyperpak[1].jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 391
Here's my 66 Belvedere II. I love the look/lines of this car brother Johnny Dart. Old school Mopar muscle at its finest.

Attachments

• Power Tour 1.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 394
lil red express

fastest production north american vehicle produced in 78 - beat out the trans am - z'ed and even the vette plus i've put away a couple of my buddies ss454's by 3 truck lenghts which shocked em.

sorry no pics - still trying to figure that out

What makes MoPar stand out?

simple, It's that fact that most GM amd Ford guys don't have the slightest clue wtf "MoPar" means! lol

Here's my 66 Belvedere II. I love the look/lines of this car brother Johnny Dart. Old school Mopar muscle at its finest.

If I'm not mistaken thats a Ram Charger hood ?

The hood, Cragers, color,lines definately make that a bad boy.

I agree 100%.

Awesome example of what this thread is about !!!!

Lil Red Express......Bad boy truck.

Perfect example of Mopar in your face style.

MaMopar saying "I'm going to stick these big pipes right in your face,and theres nothing you can do about it" ! Lol

Mopar taking big chances at its best !!!

Attachments

• 32055111079_large[1].jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 379
They were packaged well right from the start.

You got the motor, HD tranny and 8 3/4 or Dana rear with the HD suspension with these cars.

also underrated and rare now adays.

When you see an old Chevelle or Camaro you say "there's an old car"

When you see a Cuda, Dart, Road Runner or other Mopar, the reaction is more like "WOW, look at that!"

-
Back