What master cylinder with fenderwells in 66 Dart??

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I need a new m.cylinder for my 66 Dart with fenderwell headers.The one I have is a dual 73-76 Dart one and it,s alittle close.Can I get a aluminum one,they seem to be smaller?What year will fit?I have 4 post.Thanks.

car pics 66 Dart 157.jpg

I have a newer style, it is smaller and mounts with 2 posts so I had to use the adapter block, it does give me extra room, a heat shield is a must too.

Picture 086.jpg

Picture 152.jpg

Not sure, got it on ebay along with the adapter block and heat shield, maybe the late 1980's? Mine has a steel bottom and a plastic top. If I remember correctly I was able to use the stock brake push rod, I bought an adjustable one but I didn't need it.

Hey Pettybluedart.

Would you post more photos of those Hedmans and the fit in your car? How do they fit inside the wheelwells? Is there tire clearance for turning?

Thanks!

Hey Pettybluedart.

Would you post more photos of those Hedmans and the fit in your car? How do they fit inside the wheelwells? Is there tire clearance for turning?

Thanks!
Check my thread in Early a bodies disscussions forum for pics.I haven,t got my skinnie tires yet,so don,t know about turning,rubbing?Just plan on going straight...FAST!LOL

Well, that straight shot manifold and those big tubes exiting the 408 sure makes it look like it will go FAST!

It is so simple a caveman could do it. Really......I don't know why I didn't think of it long ago.

-
Back