What muff's with subframe connectors?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Car is a 67 Barracuda coupe.

I have subframe connectors and hedman hedders on a 360 small block.

I wanted to use an X -pipe and was wondering which brand X- pipe and mufflers to use.
I wanted to go with 2-1/2" exhaust and I don't need anything expensive.

I've seen several pics of various aftermarket systems with X or H located right behind our trans support. I dont recall seeing where they might conflict with subframe connecters. Hope this helps

i have had great successs with pypes performance...really good quality kits at good prices. I bought a 2-1/2" header back with x-pipe from them for ~$180 or so...and i liked it so much i just bought the same system in 3" with the exhaust cutouts for $190 or so. they do not come with muffs...so that is your choice.

sg

i have had great successs with pypes performance...really good quality kits at good prices. I bought a 2-1/2" header back with x-pipe from them for ~$180 or so...and i liked it so much i just bought the same system in 3" with the exhaust cutouts for $190 or so. they do not come with muffs...so that is your choice.

sg

I was looking at the pypes x-pipes with cutouts and that's where I thought i may run into trouble with my subframe connectors so I will probably go w/o cut outs.

I HAve sub-frame connectors on my duster, with the 3" kit and cutouts.....and there is about ~3" from the end of the cutout collector to the inner frame rail...hope this helps!

SG

I HAve sub-frame connectors on my duster, with the 3" kit and cutouts.....and there is about ~3" from the end of the cutout collector to the inner frame rail...hope this helps!

SG

Agreed. I have a 3.5" X pipe with cutouts an dthe frame connectors are not an issue.

-
Back