what oil are you guys running??

-
STP, we used it all the time back in the day. Remember Andy Ganatelli trying to hold the screwdriver in the TV commercial?

Save some cash and run the Defy.... Wal-Mart has it and requires no additive. Synthetic blend..Check this

Quaker State 10W30 Defy, API SL synthetic blend (lab tested 2012)
NOTE: An API SL rating is for 2004 and older automotive engines. This rating was replaced by the API SM rating at the end of November 2004, when the 2005 models were already available.

Silicon = 3 ppm (anti-foaming agent in new oil, but in used oil, certain gasket materials and dirt can also add to this number)
Boron = 170 ppm (detergent/dispersant, anti-deposit buildup/anti-sludge)
Magnesium = 8 ppm (detergent/dispersant, anti-deposit buildup/anti-sludge)
Calcium = 2652 ppm (detergent/dispersant, anti-deposit buildup/anti-sludge)
Barium = 0 ppm (detergent/dispersant, anti-deposit buildup/anti-sludge)
Total detergent/dispersant (anti-deposit buildup/anti-sludge) = 2830 ppm
Zinc = 1221
ppm (anti-wear)
Phos = 955 ppm (anti-wear)
Moly = 99 ppm (anti-wear)
Total anti-wear = 2275 ppm

I have been using this for a long time, only on flat tappet cams I use Maxx ZDDP with it. No issues ever (as of yet :eek:). As I mentioned, I do have one Duster on VR1-10w-30

i went with this..
has the zinc for a flat tappet cam and also anti corrosion additives for cars that can sit a month or so at a time..

jgr-02006_xl.jpg

i went with this..
has the zinc for a flat tappet cam and also anti corrosion additives for cars that can sit a month or so at a time..

View attachment 1714976621
I didn`t read all these posts. we ran what ever was furnished to us for 14 yrs in the hemi superstocker we had. pick a good name brand oil, it don`t make a whit of diff., if everythings right. the right weight and zink add for flat tappet cams and fagetabout it.

-
Back