What Oil Are You Using?

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

It's that time of year again, time to change the oil in the Dart. I typically use Castrol 10W-40 full synthetic oil, but with that getting harder and harder to find, I was just wondering what everybody was using? your input is much appreciated.

Lucas Hot Rod 10/30 conventional. 2100 PPM zinc.

Thanks for the input guys! I will look at the availability of these. Hopefully I will be able to get them locally.

Here is a dumb question. Amsoil, Mobil One and Royal Purple are all high quality Synthetics; is one better tnan the rest?

PS, Rusty, I like the idea of the added Zinc in the Lucas. I may look into that.

AMSOIL uses a higher quality base stocks that is purely synthetic (other brands use highly refined crude oil with synthetic additives). Also for our old cars with flat tappet cams AMSOIL’s ZRod oil has a high zinc content to prevent premature wear on our cams. Another benefit of ZRod oil is they added rust inhibitors to help protect our motors from rust while being stored/not run every day.

Just some more info about flat tappet cams and oil needs...

[ame]https://www.amsoil.com/techservicesbulletin/MotorOil/TSB%20MO-2007-08-08%20Flat%20Tappet.pdf[/ame]

I will throw out that I bought all the closed out Valvoline VR1 synthetic high zinc oil that O'Reilly's had. I have 4 or 5 cases of 20w50 I bought at $3.49 and will sell it for what I have into it. I don't use it, but I figured someone would want it for this cheap. Not trying to hijack your thread, superchargeddrt. I'll even donate enough for your first oil change if I can find a way to ship motor oil. I'm moving in the fall and clearing out the garage.

I've been wanting to use this. The problem is none of the local places around me sell it. My only option is buying it from Summit.

That's where I got mine. Nobody local can touch their price and that's including the added tax I pay since Summit is in Georgia.

Not to mention, they will even price match.

-
Back