What paint or spray dye for black dash parts on 76 Dart?

-

Ricer

Reaction score
What paint or spray dye for black dash parts on 76 Dart? Also what paint for instrument cluster needles?
Thanks

What paint or spray dye for black dash parts on 76 Dart? Also what paint for instrument cluster needles?
Thanks

This for black plastic dash parts. Make sure parts are very clean before applying. Also, use a flat finish on the metal parts of the dash. This is to reduce glare onto the windshield. I have used both these products with fantastic results.

81GW1TersKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This for guage needles, Testor's model paint

shopping

I bought Krylon plastic paint black "Satin" and it's too shiny for me. I'll try flat in the spring.

I second making sure plastic parts are super clean.

I'd also use an adhesion promoter.

Last edited:
The adhension promotor is great, in a spray can or in a can. I put it in a spray bottle if doin whole seats. Worth the $ and SEM all the way.

Get the SEM adhesive promoter too and they also sell a cleaner. The adhesive promoter is supposed to soften the plastic/vinyl and allow for a chemical bond as well as mechanical. Since you dont want to scuff trim parts that have grain molded in, the promoter is good insurance to prevent flaking. I have done trim and seats and it holds up amazingly well.

-
Back