What Paint was used on Dodge Poverty Caps?

-

19_Dart_68

Reaction score
so I was trying to clean up a set of caps I just bought, and low and behold, the cap body is painted, not natural metal...so now I am stuck painting the whole cap whatever silver paint was put on them at the factory AND the black around the edges and the Dodge logo....

Does anybody know of a specific color code that was used for them?

Thanks in advance

Cap.jpg

I think the aluminum were chromed? Stainless maybe polished?

I refinished some aluminum ones a couple years ago on the cheap. Polished the aluminum, black paint pen from autozone for the black and then red nail polish for the circle….

Look good enough for me. This picture is snapped without even cleaning them in a while lol.

D85B6745-1527-4118-A40F-5B11AD3E820B.jpeg

If that are aluminum than they were bright anodized, if you try to polish it, it will look like you are taking off paint.

If that are aluminum than they were bright anodized, if you try to polish it, it will look like you are taking off paint.
That's what it is then. Apparently it does not like acetone either...
Thank you!

I think the aluminum were chromed? Stainless maybe polished?

I refinished some aluminum ones a couple years ago on the cheap. Polished the aluminum, black paint pen from autozone for the black and then red nail polish for the circle….

Look good enough for me. This picture is snapped without even cleaning them in a while lol.

View attachment 1716073308
They do look good!

-
Back