what part is this called?

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
i was in the middle of A904 trans overhaul, and was having trouble getting pump to seat with allowable end play. thought I would install the band strut and servo to hold front housing to get to install. but installing the "servo" I guess it's called. the small metal ring broke, and I used trans gel, I must of cocked it. not in my overhaul kit that I can see, anyone know what it is exactly called so I can search for one on the internet parts stores? pics are attached.......oh and when installing the tf-2 trans shift kit, this part is NOT modified , Correct? only saw info on the other 2 servo pistons, which I have billet to install instead.

A904build5.png

transservo1.png

transservo2.png

Kick down servo piston.

Last edited:
Well. Wasnt sure if had a REAL name or not. I knew band servo. Found a place on internet. Selling them for A999 trans. Should be the same. Hope so. Any tricks getting servo ? Dont want to break another pne. Having enough trouble getting thw pump to seat with having end play available. And all looks good that i can see.

intermediate band servo, You need a sealing ring kit, any trans shop or trans parts supplier will be able to get it for you,
replace the ring with new one. cheap fix, kit should be less than 15.00 Lon;

got it. Sop parts. Got pump in. Yeah! Since waiting on parts. Started to wetsand clear. Tring to get. Spyder cracking out.

1480203905749.jpg

Hey joshua;
Did your rebuild kit come with a ring kit? you stated that you didn't see one in kit.
most of the late model rebuild kits use transtec rings, later kits replace the steel rings on that servo with what they call lathe cut teflon ( plastic ) rings- will bet this is why you cant find ring- try fitting teflon rings left over in your kit will bet it is there.
Teflon will replace steel with no change in durability or sealing performance.
both the rings for the piston can be replaced with teflon, be shure to overlap ends correctly on install, lube with gell and will slide right in.
Lon;

Last edited:
see that is where im stumped.... I have a from ma mopar. older kit... and did not find a Teflon scarf seal that is the right size to the older solid ring. the 2 closest is either a hair too large, diameter, other a hair too thin but fits better, but maybe not enough to seal right in the bore. should stick out a hair...

the correct ring should not quite fill the groove sideways and be approx. the same diameter as the piston the oil in the circut will push aginst the side of the ring and it will expand on the taper cut to fit bore and seal
Lon

-
Back