What rear end to buy?

-
I just enjoy revvin you up. Or have you not figured that out yet?

"They perform like an open differential under normal driving conditions, automatically transferring torque to the wheel with better traction when ground conditions warrant."

Sweet pissing contest, highly amusing on a Monday afternoon. Does the above statement lead me to believe that under normal street driving it will drive nice, but hook up and plant a two wheel smoke show? I don't care about names or spelling mistakes or poorly used grammer.

From my reading I think this is the proper street diff for my purposes. I will look into pricing with my parts guys this week, as well as a new set of 3.55 gears.....

Thanks for all your help and input guys. This has been my first thread on this forum and I was impressed by how many people wanted to help with my questions.

"They perform like an open differential under normal driving conditions, automatically transferring torque to the wheel with better traction when ground conditions warrant."

Sweet pissing contest, highly amusing on a Monday afternoon. Does the above statement lead me to believe that under normal street driving it will drive nice, but hook up and plant a two wheel smoke show? I don't care about names or spelling mistakes or poorly used grammer.

From my reading I think this is the proper street diff for my purposes. I will look into pricing with my parts guys this week, as well as a new set of 3.55 gears.....

Thanks for all your help and input guys. This has been my first thread on this forum and I was impressed by how many people wanted to help with my questions.

here is how it works .. great for the street.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmsY2YvVsc&feature=player_embedded"]Exploded View - Inside the Eaton TrueTrac Differential - YouTube[/ame]

or you can go to the summit page and watch the video of the true trac ( yes on the page i posted earlier even though it throws locker in the title..:) ): http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DTL-913A572/?rtype=4

So basically I need to bolt on my crown gear to this unit and pop it in right? My mechanic buddy will be doing it, just figuring out what else I need to get in line with. Or order a whole new gear set. Who is a good manufacturer of quality, tough as nails, bomb proof gear sets?

Thanks again guys!

yes you should be able to just bolt your ring gear to it and reset your backlash.. a rear end guy would know better then me though.

-
Back