What rocker arms would be best?

-
Hmm...seems like Hughes is pretty good. And thanks for the idea of pushrods, I didn't even think of those. I just figured I'd have to find out how long I needed them and thats it.

Hmm...seems like Hughes is pretty good. And thanks for the idea of pushrods, I didn't even think of those. I just figured I'd have to find out how long I needed them and thats it.

Make sure the 3/8" pushrods fit through the heads. I couldn't fit them, but I went with upgraded Smith Bros smaller diameter pushrod.

Depends on what heads if the 3/8 will fit, but I highly recommend them. Or a good set of 11/32. 5/16 is to small for those high spring rates.

you can get 3/8" pushrods in eddy heads with a little grinding here and there..

DSC_6627.jpg

I'll be using Edelbrock heads, got some prices from Ryan at Shady Dell. Doesn't look like alot of grinding! I really appreciate the help and pics! Another thing I'm going to have to figure out is how to measure the pushrods. Everything I've ever built used hydraulic tappets and factory rockers. This is all pretty new to me!

you can get 3/8" pushrods in eddy heads with a little grinding here and there..

DSC_6627.jpg

Will the 3/8" pushrods work okay with a roller cam? I haven't mocked anything up but in my head it seemed like the taller lifters would put the pushrods at an even odder angle than normal & would require even more clearancing of the head. Also, how much clearance do you need for the pushrod in the head?

It all depends on the lifter, rocker ratio, shaft height, block/head decking as to what needs to be clearanced.

As far as "space" needed, not much. .020-.030" is plenty.

I'll be using Edelbrock heads, got some prices from Ryan at Shady Dell. Doesn't look like alot of grinding! I really appreciate the help and pics! Another thing I'm going to have to figure out is how to measure the pushrods. Everything I've ever built used hydraulic tappets and factory rockers. This is all pretty new to me!

Ryan J.,is the "man' when it comes to smallblock heads...

There an actual tool that you use to measure the push rod length.

-
Back