What rocker arms??

-

wigsplitter74

The Mopar Kid
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads for my LA and I'm wondering if the LA shaft mount rocker setup will work on them. I figure there's a lot of budget minded people on here and a lot of guys who run the edelbrocks so this should be a good place to ask. Also, what's anyone using for pushrods?? I'm not sure if I'll go with Eddie's and shave weight or try and switch to Hughes Iron Ram heads and use some stock magnum rockers I have and then figure out my pushrods and lifters to provide oil to heads.

any input is appreciated as always.

Well that doesn't sound very good at all. Do you have the Magnum style Eddie's or the LA's??

And if I can get a part number to a reasonably priced set of rockers for the LA Eddie's from anyone with experience with them I'd greatly appreciate it.

I use Edelbrock heads and the instructions state that adjustable rocker arms must be used. I am using MP adjustable rocker arms and crane pushrods for adjustable rockers. Set-up is working great.

Depends on what cam you're going to use.

For instance: Comp Pro Magnums work great just the way they are for flat tappet cams…but if you stick a big roller cam in there with high spring pressures, you’re going to gall the rocker shafts. There are ways around this, like bushing the rockers, and using banana grooved shafts.

FWIW, I use Comp pro magnums that are converted to Ball/cup, and banana grooved rocker shafts from Hughes for improved oiling. This keeps my rockers alive with my small solid roller (spring pressures 210 on the seat and 450 open).

Oh yeah, and Smith Brothers push rods.

I used the MP non adjustable rockers on my eddy heads....no problems....and used the stock pushrods.

Thanks for the info guys. I just found a set of the Eddie's for $1200 but they've been ported and have springs that are good to 660 lift (way more than I need) and they have titanium retainers which if memory serves correct are not street friendly, I'll probably pass on them cause I think they're just too much head for the rest of my motor(stock bottom end) I'd like to just swap heads and cam soon and not tear into the bottom end til winter or maybe next year. . . too many decisions and a lot of research figuring out the cost effectiveness of every set of heads I look into lol oh well it should pay off. . . right?

One Thing That You Need To Watch On The Bigger Cams With The Eddy's Are The Push Rod Holes, The Will Rub At Max Lift. I Had To Open Mine Up To Gain Clearence. I Use The Hughes Solid Cam.

Thanks for the info guys. I just found a set of the Eddie's for $1200 but they've been ported and have springs that are good to 660 lift (way more than I need) and they have titanium retainers which if memory serves correct are not street friendly, I'll probably pass on them cause I think they're just too much head for the rest of my motor(stock bottom end) I'd like to just swap heads and cam soon and not tear into the bottom end til winter or maybe next year. . . too many decisions and a lot of research figuring out the cost effectiveness of every set of heads I look into lol oh well it should pay off. . . right?

I would TOTALY jump on those (assuming they have receipts’ and flow numbers for the porting)...that's probably 2800-3000 bucks worth of goodies there! Swap out springs and retainers and your set...heck, I have my old Edelbrock retainers, locks, and springs I'll sell you for cheap if you're interested.

-
Back