What rocker ratio 1.5 or1.6

-

mistreta

Reaction score
Going to new Hughes rocker arms on my 408 stroker. Edelbrock heads and comp extreme hydraulic energy cam. 488- 491 lift. 230- 2360, 274-286 duration. Guy at Hughes said either ratio will work. I welcome any other input.

Thanks
Tony in Michigan

The 1.6s will increase the lift by 6.67%
If the heads and springs are up for it ,and you need arms anyway, then I would, and did go for it.
I have an old HE3037 cam in my Eddy-headed 360 with 1.6 arms, with the Hughes 1110 springs.Excellent pkg.

I also went with the 1.6 ratio this round. Here's why.
The camshaft(s) say they will lift the valve .*** amount with a 1.5 rocker ratio. Figure in the not so great rocker geometry, poor pushrods angles and even worse if used, OE rockers, the lift comes in really low. And this really bothers me. The 1.6 rocker helps regain this loss. So long as your heads can handle the added lift as the math works out and the springs are rated for that lift range as well, go for it.

Others will also state that it makes the camshaft bigger. The amount is spit. 2*'s @ best I believe.

On a cam like yours they will increase the lift about .030, so you'll go from 488 to about 518 lift on the intake,the advantage is not the extra .030 lift so much but that it "pops" the valve open faster !

1.6 intake and 1.5 exhaust.I don't recall seeing a gain with a 1.6 on the exhaust.

According to Don @ FBO, he sells the Harland Sharp setups with 1.6I/1.5E combined. He states that SBM like more lift on the intake and keeps better cylinder pressure, being that camshafts like what you have are designed around a SBC cylinder head....

-
Back