what rotors fit?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. If you want to challenge my credability too. Go ahead.
For me i have been professionally wrenching on cars since 1980 when i got out of the Air Force.
Having worked at a shop here in California that had a contract to work on State of California fleet vehicles, and CHP vehicles, on a rotating basis, i have seen, and worked on lots of different vehicles that this state had in their fleet of cars.
In all the time that i saw, or worked on state fleet vehicles that came into the shop, i never saw a Duster or Dart that had 15 inch wheels or tires on it. If you think someone was going to have fleet vehicles like this, wouldn't you think California would?
And i did LOTS of tire rotations, air pressure checks, and brake jobs, on these cars.
I don't know this guy Bruce, and he doesn't know me, and just because somebody's been posting on some internet web board for a bazillion years doesn't make it right to pass along information to some kid, on this board that now believes he's going to find a 76 Dart with 15 inch wheel and tires on it, or anyone else reading the posting.

No one challenged your credibility. You certainly do get definsive quickly. i neither agreed no disagreed with you. I simply found something that POSSIBLY supported Bruce's statement. Nothing more. As old as those cars were, it's entirely possible the rotors were changed out. Also, you've not even taken into consideration the possibility of a dealer installed option. they did stuff like that routinely. I think there are better things to do than argue. I was not arguing. I was simply saying that it WAS possible. the way the article I posted read, it said the brakes WERE larger for 76. PERIOD. the prior rotors were 10.970" (11"). not the 10.75 that you posted. the 11" are all over Rock Auto, NAPA, Autozone, Advance, bumper to Bumper and all the other parts web sites, so who's giving out wrong info here? Look, I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest. All I'm saying is, with so many made and being so long ago that anything is possible. Nothing more and nothing less. If you think for one second that a sheriff's or a police department could not have ordered the police package cars and then opted to have the dealer install 11.75" brakes and OR 15" wheels as a dealer option, then you are seriously mistaken. that kinda stuff was done day in and day out and still is. So, inevetibly, no one gave out incorrect information except you.

10. 750 10.870. 10.970 I have seen all those measurements written down.
Good enough to for me to be called 11 inch. I don't have an 11 inch micrometer to measure the outside diameter down to the thousandths of an inch.
This guy "Bruce" whoever he is, has to be friends of yours, so be it, but when i read his posting i got the feeling that he was implying that ALL 76 A body cars came with the big rotor on them, and i bet others might have gotten that impression.
He should have clarified that he thinks there is a possibility that a few cars of the tens of thousands A body cars manufactured might be equipped with a police package to justify his statement.
As for a dealer installed package like that, i don't know, i will concede to that debate.
I did object to your critque of me probably thinking that i am just another joe blow sounding off on the internet. But i have just as good qualifications as you. Have you been employed as a professional automobile mechanic for nearly 30 years then too?
I stand by it, that an A body car didn't have a 11 3/4 rotor. I have all the parts books from the late 50's up until 1980 and i didn't find anything in a 76 dealership parts book or maintenance manual, or any supplements either.
The factory mechanical designers of these brakes never needed to engineer anything bigger for the A body cars. Then why didn't they put larger brakes on Aspen and Volare cars, when the Darts and Valiants were done.
There must have been fleet Aspens and Volares back in the day too.

hemi71x, you come off a bitgruff and the caps are the "Yelling" point. I don't see a crediblity challenge going on here, but I do see this as you getting angry and loud-ish over it.

State your facts and argue them without getting upset. I have complaints and a guy asking for deleation of posts, which I see are due to you jumpingon him. Realax, you may be right and have all the proof in the world, but that won't stop people from making mistakes ethier. I know your trying to avoid this, but, sometimes, the battle win is not worth the war effort.

Relax

hemi71x, you come off a bitgruff and the caps are the "Yelling" point. I don't see a crediblity challenge going on here, but I do see this as you getting angry and loud-ish over it.

State your facts and argue them without getting upset. I have complaints and a guy asking for deleation of posts, which I see are due to you jumpingon him. Realax, you may be right and have all the proof in the world, but that won't stop people from making mistakes ethier. I know your trying to avoid this, but, sometimes, the battle win is not worth the war effort.

Relax
Agreed, I almost dont want to start another thread because of the last 2 threads have led to member arguements. This one especially irks me

I should adjust the post as to everyone as well. Sometimes, you just can't tell people what you know is right because there convinced there right.

Just remember, you can't fix stupid but only hope for the best. After all, you did tell'em so.

OH, did you not post in caps at one point? My bad if I'm wrong.
But that goes for everyone as proper er, um, etiquet. It's considered yelling, something know one likes to get...yelled at.

LOL, OK ok ok 340, slow down now, everyone take a deep breath and lets try and get these facts straight as an arrows flight.

Yes, i'm familiar with that magazine article.
It DOESN'T say a darn thing about 11 3/4 rotors on a A body automobile. It states the 11 3/4 inch rotor STARTED in 1976 on the Cordoba, Magnum, line of cars.
Being a police, or fleet, car has got nothing to do with it either. There NEVER, EVER, was an A body that left any of the factory assembly lines with 15 inch wheels and tires.
Believe what you wan't to believe, but you will be wrong in your thinking.
It's very easy to change the caliper mount, and then install the 11 3/4 inch rotor, and then 15 inch wheels, and that's what probably was done somewhere in the life of the car that you are talking about.
But Mother Mopar didn't do it.

don't remember your own posts?
drinking too much?

Well I'm done. I won't jeopardize my value of this forum with someone who is ignorant and obnoxious. Hopefully the mods can delete the pissing from the meat of the discussion.

Allll right, my fav button time!
Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete Delete

I'm sorry about all this rumblefish.
I just try to help the members with the knowedge I have from over the years.
I never have been critisized like this before and I even told him fine.
I am always open to corrections as that is how you learn.
I did however have the 2 cars mentioned preveously so that is what I based my obviously erroneous staements on.

Later,
Bruce B.

3404speed

Show me where in that Mopar Performance article that it states you can find 11 3/4 inch caliper mounts and rotors on a 76 A body car.

I'm sorry about all this rumblefish.
I just try to help the members with the knowedge I have from over the years.
I never have been critisized like this before and I even told him fine.
I am always open to corrections as that is how you learn.
I did however have the 2 cars mentioned preveously so that is what I based my obviously erroneous staements on.

Later,
Bruce B.

You have no need to apologize here Bruce, U did nothing wrong, just post your previous experience

This thread has encouraged me to go relieve myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back