what short filter to use on 360 w tti headers

-

360moparjunkie

Reaction score
On the 73 scamp 360 w tti long headers I have two motors. A 79 block just removed and 72 block reblt getti g ready to install.
79 block had ph43....72 block calls for ph16.
I cannot tell a difference between the two mounting plates.
Filters appear same on mounting side. The ph43 just looks bout 1/2" taller. Any thoughts?
Just heard frams are not good. Its a first on me as I've been outa the game a while.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-24-19-48-07.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 173
Lots of people hate Fram filters, but they still sell millions of them?!? I always run WIX Gold filters.

Lots of people hate Fram filters, but they still sell millions of them?!? I always run WIX Gold filters.

I will take the fram back. Too many $ to risk possible I told you so. I will most likely look into wix or hastings. The hastings used to have cotton type fabric inside that I trusted.

Is the only difference in these 2 oil filters bout a 1/2" in ht?

Good Wix filter 51068 is crossover for Fram PH16. The shorter filter that will give more clearance w tti is Wix 51085.

I use the short Mobil 1 filter or the K and N filter whichever I find cheaper , if they don't have them then the Wix short filter

I use the Wix 51085 filter (on the right in pic below) on my 360 based 408 with TTi headers.

Attachments

• Wix Oil Filter (1).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 142
-
Back