What should I do?

-
Post #68, pictures don't mean a thing! What guarantee do you have that you will get the part or parts in the picture? None.
The sellers integrity is what you get, period.
While it's true that pictures don't mean jack, I can get my money back by not paying with family and friends. Seller integrity...there are those that don't have any.

Maybe we need a thread with the names of everyone that has screwed someone over here on the forum? That way other members know. Just a thought or would ownership put the kibosh on it?

Maybe we need a thread with the names of everyone that has screwed someone over here on the forum? That way other members know. Just a thought or would ownership put the kibosh on it?
Only problem with that is, sometimes, all we get is one side of the story. Oftentimes, a bunch is left out. So someone who might get thrown under the bus, may well not deserve it.

Only problem with that is, sometimes, all we get is one side of the story. Oftentimes, a bunch is left out. So someone who might get thrown under the bus, may well not deserve it.
A definite possibility. However, they would have a chance to respond and make their case for all to see.

A definite possibility. However, they would have a chance to respond and make their case for all to see.
Oh yeah, I agree.....but by that time, even if they weren't the bad guy, their reputation is tarnished regardless. It's happened before. More than once.

To the OP. I'm sorry that you did not get what you thought you were getting.

BUT based on the photos in the listing.
Unless you requested additional photos that you have not shared or messages that show the seller said it was a tech dash. I can see from the 3 dash photos in the sellers post that the dashes are the same where the teach should be. And they don't look like the tach shown in later posts.

The seller shared many posts about the condition of parts saying they were too rusted. And posted photos of a fender that had hidden rust after it was pulled off.

I think you made many mistakes here and the seller is not at fault.

If I had to guess based on the evidence presented here so far, the seller is 10% at fault and the buyer is 90%

That is based on not asking for many more photos before purchasing.

Just my opinion

To the OP. I'm sorry that you did not get what you thought you were getting.

BUT based on the photos in the listing.
Unless you requested additional photos that you have not shared or messages that show the seller said it was a tech dash. I can see from the 3 dash photos in the sellers post that the dashes are the same where the teach should be. And they don't look like the tach shown in later posts.

The seller shared many posts about the condition of parts saying they were too rusted. And posted photos of a fender that had hidden rust after it was pulled off.

I think you made many mistakes here and the seller is not at fault.

If I had to guess based on the evidence presented here so far, the seller is 10% at fault and the buyer is 90%

That is based on not asking for many more photos before purchasing.

Just my opinion
an 2, 2022
56798.jpg

FC7Demon340FABO Gold MemberFABO Gold Member
Rating - 100%
16 0 0
Add Feedback

Local Time:
10:31 PM
150.00 for both grills with bezels.
500.00 for complete tach dash with uncracked pad and complete wiring harness everything

This is where he said it was a tach dash with a uncracked dash pad. Nothing was said about the hole in the rusted in the top. He did say there was some rust around one of the mounting bolt holes and I said I could probably deal with that.I didn't ask for more pics of the dash as I said in an earlier post. I have bought and sold parts on here many times from the pics and description in the ad,this was the first time I felt I got screwed. I would think an honest person would say there is a problem with the part and not try to blame it on the shipping company and try to file a insurance claim on it. The shipping company didn't rust it in shipping. The cracks in the uncracked dash pad had dirt in the cracks so they were not new cracks.

Thanks for posting that info. Try paging him here again, OR go visit his ads and place links to this thread there.
You're 100% in the right here.
an 2, 2022
View attachment 1715922163
FC7Demon340FABO Gold MemberFABO Gold Member
Rating - 100%
16 0 0
Add Feedback

Local Time:
10:31 PM
150.00 for both grills with bezels.
500.00 for complete tach dash with uncracked pad and complete wiring harness everything

This is where he said it was a tach dash with a uncracked dash pad. Nothing was said about the hole in the rusted in the top. He did say there was some rust around one of the mounting bolt holes and I said I could probably deal with that.I didn't ask for more pics of the dash as I said in an earlier post. I have bought and sold parts on here many times from the pics and description in the ad,this was the first time I felt I got screwed. I would think an honest person would say there is a problem with the part and not try to blame it on the shipping company and try to file a insurance claim on it. The shipping company didn't rust it in shipping. The cracks in the uncracked dash pad had dirt in the cracks so they were not new cracks.

Thanks for posting that info. Try paging him here again, OR go visit his ads and place links to this thread there.
You're 100% in the right here.
if the add is on here the link to this thread will go down quicker than a fat kid on a seesaw

One man's diamond is another man's turd.
Like my old horse trainer friend told is son " take your horse trade f****** like a man and move on."
LIfe sucks... and then ya die????

Looks like you have it in writing. Then it is shame on him.

You could sue him in small claims court, with your documentation I bet he would have to refund you.

-
Back