what side for water inlet

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
whats the scoop on what cars use left or right lower water hose inlet. is it the a.c. on left only.

If I am correct on what you question. The lower hose on a small block pre 70 is on the drivers side and post is on the passengers side.

If I am correct on what you question. The lower hose on a small block pre 70 is on the drivers side and post is on the passengers side.

My information shows that the switch from driver side to pax side was made in 1971.

NB: There were actually three different front covers made for the LA. The 64-67 had the outlet on the drivers side and used a metal tab for the timing marks. The 68-70 same except timing marks were cast into cover. 71 and later the water pump outlet was on the passenger side.

If you use a 70 or earlier harmonic balancer with a 71 or later front cover, the timing marks are going to be 90º off. Also, some harmonic balancers had symmetrical pulley bolt patterns, other did not.

The engine in the Demon is a 68 block with an 83 front cover et al on it. Because this kind of silliness goes on, suggest taking a good look at the front cover, harmonic balancer, and pulleys to be sure you get what you want if you are thinking of swapping things around on your engine.

-
Back