what size sending unit?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
70 dodge dart. gas gauge incorrectly reads 1/4 tank under actual reading. need a new sending unit. which do i need and where can i get the best price for the correct one?

also how do u change the filler neck so the automatic shutoff doesnt spew gas on the side of the car? is there a way to do it without having to cut and weld?

Stock size would be a 5/16" unit. But a 3/8" would be an upgrade...especially if you go up in motor at some point. You can get 1/2" too...but it's more expensive and not needed unless your really pushing 600hp +...

You can get them online. I got mine from Quanta products...but Vans Auto has good prices as well as maybe even Rock Auto for a cheapy replacement.

Re. the filler neck, I'd assume you just need to siphon down the tank until you can remove the neck w/out spilling gas....you'll want as little gas in there anyway to drop it and put a new sender in anyway.

a larger sender is only the beginning of an upgrade until all of the fuel delivery tubing is replaced with larger.

a larger sender is only the beginning of an upgrade until all of the fuel delivery tubing is replaced with larger.

True, I guess I just assumed if you upgrade to a 3/8" sender you'd run new 3/8" line to while your at it...

well im runnin the stock /6 and i will eventually swap in a 360....but not anytime soon. right now i just want my gas gauge to work. once i get that workin i wont do much with the car till im done with school

-
Back