what smallblock intakes interchange?

-

Chris-B

Reaction score
what smallblock intakes interchange I have a 73 360 Thanks

As mentioned, all LA intakes will fit on all LA blocks.

The only thing that might not interchange is the carb. Some of the LA intakes will not accept a spreadbore because when the huge secondary butterflies open they hit the intake.

ERRRRRRRRR, 1 exception to this rule, the earlier 273 intakes have a different bolt size and angle to contend with.
I believe the head bolts are 5/16th, but, the angle of the intake and head surface is different I believe.

true ..... a 340/360 intake on a 318 will need the biger gaskets for the biger ports in the intake

Only the angle of the bolt and size were different on the early 273 heads. I've seen plenty of intake bolt holes opened up to fit the "wrong" intake on.

true ..... a 340/360 intake on a 318 will need the biger gaskets for the biger ports in the intake

the problem you will run into is the intake has larger ports then the heads and there is not realy a way to safely gasket match the 318 head with out makeing the material around the port on the head to thin. I used this setup as it came off the motor and it was ok, but I would wadger that I was not operating at the full potential of the motor...when I had the motor apart last week I just put on an aluminum intake and was done with it.

I always use the 360 felpro intake gasket...it is larger and paper instead of metal. I hate those stamped gaskets. also I recomend using a thick bead of high temp RTV instead of those cork pieces also...

-
Back