What solid roller lifters are you running in your LA non roller block

-
Okay they are pretty good then? That makes me happ(ier). Thank you.

Yeah, those are some of the better ones. Those mother bears were big money back in 1999/2000ish and they were damned hard to get. Make sure you are very careful on pre-assembly. The pushrod seat is very high and it makes the pushrod run at an even more queer angle that it already does. Like I pointed out earlier...that's why the relieve the top of the lifter body. If they didn't, the pushrod would hit it.

Okay they are pretty good then? That makes me happ(ier). Thank you.
Yeah they're pretty decent for street strip and will be fine as long as you dont set them up at 250/550 spring psi. They like min190-220max/450ish-480 max psi AND .016 or 'tight lash' to live long.
If you're looking to do a .500 to .580 solid roller on the street and not break the bank, or your motor ... they're the ticket.

Yeah they're pretty decent for street strip and will be fine as long as you dont set them up at 250/550 spring psi. They like min190-220max/450ish-480 max psi AND .016 or 'tight lash' to live long.
If you're looking to do a .500 to .580 solid roller on the street and not break the bank, or your motor ... they're the ticket.

That's about what I am lookin at. It's down to two. Either the Comp 244@.050 .548 lift copy or the Comp 255@.050 .575 lift copy. Oregon offers both.

Does anyone have a part number for these and are these the same as Hughes are selling in hydraulic and or solid ?

They do look very close to the Hughes retro fit lifters.

Thanks. Which sprAng would you recommend?
K800 k motion. Check the site. The smaller cam might like these hers084-283 175lbs/1.75- 400/1.150 those springs are to my recollection a little lighter than advertised at open psi...I think 375-380 was what I found.

I run a .575 251@.050 108 solid roller and use k800 springs for higher rpm, insurance. I have a set of the Herbert's ...but my cam is a custom grind just past that level of spring. Did it to myself when I asked for a little narrower Int to touch 7000 rpm. Fwiw Bruce came up with the cam numbers and told me I needed more than the herbert spring.... i went and picked the k800...they fit the installed height of a sbm... 1.70-1.75

Last edited:
K800 k motion. Check the site. The smaller cam might like these hers084-283 175lbs/1.75- 400/1.150 those springs are to my recollection a little lighter than advertised at open psi...I think 375-380 was what I found.

I run a .575 251@.050 108 solid roller and use k800 springs for higher rpm, insurance. I have a set of the Herbert's ...but my cam is a custom grind just past that level of spring. Did it to myself when I asked for a little narrower Int to touch 7000 rpm. Fwiw Bruce came up with the cam numbers and told me I needed more than the herbert spring.... i went and picked the k800...they fit the installed height of a sbm... 1.70-1.75

I thought I read that Kmotion had closed the doors? Guess I better do a search.

Yeah, those are some of the better ones. Those mother bears were big money back in 1999/2000ish and they were damned hard to get. Make sure you are very careful on pre-assembly. The pushrod seat is very high and it makes the pushrod run at an even more queer angle that it already does. Like I pointed out earlier...that's why the relieve the top of the lifter body. If they didn't, the pushrod would hit it.

Well these are goin in my slant, so pushrod angle is pretty straight.

I go with yellow rose on the larger wheel
why
smaller wheel has more side thrust
and really think about that 1" lifter with an over .900 wheel compare cost with lifter bushings
now get a cam ground to match the larger wheel
much smoother
x2 pressure lubed
lots of other good info on page 2

I go with yellow rose on the larger wheel
why
smaller wheel has more side thrust
and really think about that 1" lifter with an over .900 wheel compare cost with lifter bushings
now get a cam ground to match the larger wheel
much smoother
x2 pressure lubed
lots of other good info on page 2
I missed something.
Which manufacture produces an LA roller lifter with a .900 wheel?

I missed something.
Which manufacture produces an LA roller lifter with a .900 wheel?

Several. You can't do that with a .904 body but once you get up to close to an inch, or even bigger the wheel gets bigger.

Jesel makes them. Crower may have them but I haven't looked lately. I'm sure morel makes them.

Several. You can't do that with a .904 body but once you get up to close to an inch, or even bigger the wheel gets bigger.

Jesel makes them. Crower may have them but I haven't looked lately. I'm sure morel makes them.
Got it thanks

-
Back